Ammo reloading question powder/ primeri
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo reloading question powder/ primeri

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammo reloading question powder/ primeri

I was wondering what you would do in this situation the nearest place to me who has a decent reloading department is bass pro gm is closer but no selection bps is an hour and a half away with 4$ in roles total so would you drive to bps or pay midway USA's hasmat charge to get a can of powder?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I need an interpreter.
I would not go to MidwayUSA for powder or primers. I would either go to a local gun store or order enough from Powder Valley to cover the HazMat and shipping.
For stores in your area, figure the cost of what you want and the cost of gas. First, be sure they have what you want.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbirdguy View Post
I was wondering what you would do in this situation the nearest place to me who has a decent reloading department is bass pro gm is closer but no selection bps is an hour and a half away with 4$ in roles total so would you drive to bps or pay midway USA's hasmat charge to get a can of powder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noylj View Post
I need an interpreter.
I would not go to MidwayUSA for powder or primers. I would either go to a local gun store or order enough from Powder Valley to cover the HazMat and shipping.
For stores in your area, figure the cost of what you want and the cost of gas. First, be sure they have what you want.
if it was me, i would drive the hour and a half, take the wife or girlfriend and make a day of it. i drive almost an hour away to my gundealer to buy my powder and primers, and he keeps a good selection of both in stock at all times. the Gander Mountain closest to me stocks a lot of firearms and ammo, but very, very little reloading stuff.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #4

How much is haz mat charger

Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

try powder valley for mail order primers and powder.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #6

Okbhow is powder valley different or better

Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2985 Times on 1556 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Remember, the hazmat fe is not charged by the seller, it is chargd by the shipping company (UPS, Fedex, etc).

I get my primers from a place 2 1/2 hours away. They are much cheaper than local and about 2 mins from my mom's house. I make a point to pick some up whenever I visit, whether I need them or not (I always do). Powder prices locally are competitive so I buy it local.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I live in California so it is cheaper for me to buy powders and primers in bulk from midway once a year.