Ammo purchase orders being cancelled, back order no being filled - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo purchase orders being cancelled, back order no being filled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Yesterday Brownells had WPA 223 for $5/box. I managed to ordered 500 rounds with free shipping.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Nothing to panic about? You better hope that's the case. I can tell you about a time not so long ago when there was plenty to worry about. In fact Obama has promised to make gun control a priority in his second term. I hope you don't run out and stockpile ammo. I hope you don't believe there will be a shortage. Just because we had one before that's no reason to think there will be another one, right? The fewer people buying ammo means more for me. Only I stockpiled ammo from before. To think there won't be any reason to worry about getting more is a head in the sand attitude friend. Just wait until the government decides guns are a health issue. Or wait until they agree to the UN treaty on small arms. These things are real threats friend.

You know the Jews swore there would never be an actual problem with the Nazis before there was one.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #13

Liked 217 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 85

A friedn asked me to get her some S&B .380 from Sportsman's Guide a few weeks ago. I put the order in and now they tell me to expect it in Mid February.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I stocked up on some SKS feed and some .45acp for the XD mail-order. Last time i was in Walmart, they had a few boxes of each of the popular calibers; i picked up 300 rounds of .38 & .357 ammo without buying the last box of anything.

edit* left out the "of each", my bad.

Last edited by orangello; 12-10-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #15

Liked 39 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Been looking for 100rd boxes of federal at Walmart hasn't been any since before thanksgiving and they said they don't even have any on order b

Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #16

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

When I buy bulk ammo I do it online from who has it for the best price when I am buying. I just went to the web site of one of them, they showed .223, 9mm, and 45 ACP in stock in many different flavors. They did warn of shipping delays due to volume of traffic.

Can you say panic buying......again. Old boogey man Obama is gonna come get your stuff, better buy now. Just like he did after the last election....

Carl Sagan

Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7320 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
Nothing to panic about? You better hope that's the case. I can tell you about a time not so long ago when there was plenty to worry about. In fact Obama has promised to make gun control a priority in his second term. I hope you don't run out and stockpile ammo. I hope you don't believe there will be a shortage. Just because we had one before that's no reason to think there will be another one, right? The fewer people buying ammo means more for me. Only I stockpiled ammo from before. To think there won't be any reason to worry about getting more is a head in the sand attitude friend. Just wait until the government decides guns are a health issue. Or wait until they agree to the UN treaty on small arms. These things are real threats friend.

You know the Jews swore there would never be an actual problem with the Nazis before there was one.
Concern, yes. Panic, no!
Osamabamma ding dong will not, I repeat NOT get any kind of gun control through congress this year or next. There is not onlt republican control of the house, but there are democRATS
in the senate that don't want to be unseated next election. They remember the election disaster they suffered in 94 because of the Slickmeister's so-called AWB.

Even as low life as the democRATS are, they';re certainly not NAZIs. ( At least not yet)

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #18

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
When I buy bulk ammo I do it online from who has it for the best price when I am buying. I just went to the web site of one of them, they showed .223, 9mm, and 45 ACP in stock in many different flavors. They did warn of shipping delays due to volume of traffic.

Can you say panic buying......again. Old boogey man Obama is gonna come get your stuff, better buy now. Just like he did after the last election....
Which brands do you buy Chain? There are sooooo many different kinds of ammo out there. I'm just hesitant to buy brands I don't know about and then what if my babies don't like that ammo.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #19

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Concern, yes. Panic, no!
Osamabamma ding dong will not, I repeat NOT get any kind of gun control through congress this year or next. There is not onlt republican control of the house, but there are democRATS
in the senate that don't want to be unseated next election. They remember the election disaster they suffered in 94 because of the Slickmeister's so-called AWB.

Even as low life as the democRATS are, they';re certainly not NAZIs. ( At least not yet)
No the sky is not falling.
Picked up a box of WWB at WM today & left plenty there-

Old 12-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #20
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2095 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 4518

I am going out in the morning. The other day at Sportsman's Warehouse I did pickup some 20 round boxes of PMC, Federal & Remington. There was no sign of 50 round boxes of HSM, Remington, etc.

Locally, it is slim.