Are ammo prices going down? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Are ammo prices going down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Yes I noticed a lot of RUSSIAN ammo on the shelf of WAL-MART the other day...IS it worth buying or is it cheap crap???...Russian ammo has killed alot of people over the years...but it just seems to jam-up alot in my automatics....Seems like it's a grade down from our american ammo.......What is your input???....and WHY??.......
I've run several hundred rounds of Russian ammo through my AR-15 and Glock pistols. I personally haven't had any reliability issues with it, hopefully I won't but if I do I do I use it to train with and clearing malfunctions is part of my training program anyway. I haven't shot any TulAmmo through my AR-15 but work with another officer whose been using nothing but TulAmmo in his without any issues.

It's a little dirtier that most bulk U.S. ammo. I try to buy as much U.S. made bulk ammo as I do Russian made, to get brass for one thing and to support U.S. manufacturers. I've shot some Norinco 9mm that was some of the most accurate fodder I've put through my G17. It too was a little dirtier, but not much as I went through a 600 round course of fire and 1/2 of it was with the Norinco ammo. I believe Clinton banned the importation of ammo from China before he left office (if I remember correctly).