Are ammo prices going down? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Are ammo prices going down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I wish the prices would come down a bit, but I don't really see much of that

Old 02-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default russian ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Yes I noticed a lot of RUSSIAN ammo on the shelf of WAL-MART the other day...IS it worth buying or is it cheap crap???...Russian ammo has killed alot of people over the years...but it just seems to jam-up alot in my automatics....Seems like it's a grade down from our american ammo.......What is your input???....and WHY??.......
I have a ruger p95, had an old bersa 380, both of which I have shot quite a bit of russian crap through. My ruger will shoot the stuff forever and the 380 liked it more than good quality american ammo. An up side, its cheap. a down side, its dirty, very very dirty. Which guns of yours dont like it? Some with real tight tolerances may get too much friction due to carbon build up, slowing down your action and causing problems. All depends on your gun.

My ruger is built like an ak, kinda loose but always shoots. For me, when im low on money and want to shoot, russian will do the trick. I dont mind cleaning my guns regularly but i am always amazed at how dirty they get even after 50-100 russian rounds.
Ive rarely had any jams , hang ups or extraction issues. Only one out of almost 1000 wolf/brown bear misfired (primer fired, powder didnt). In all , unless the gun is an heirloom or meant to be forever perfect, shoot what you can afford, unless it doesnt work.
What about people being killed by russian ammo???

Last edited by Pjj342; 02-25-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: more info

Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1982 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 592

I am being told to expect a 15% jump in ammo prices.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I am being told to expect a 15% jump in ammo prices.
Who is telling you that? and whats the reason for it?, if it happens to be true

Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I was in one of the gun shops I frequent about 2 weeks ago and the owner told me to expect an increase of 10% in the price of Remington ammo and components in April. He also mentioned some other manufacturers names that were following suit, I don't remember the specific names though. The reason he gave for the increase was that everything going into the making of ammo and reloading components has already increased in price and the price is being passed on. I don't think this will spark "panic buying", at least not by me.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #16

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Ammo took a jump at Wal-Mart ...I was just there and Ammo for .380 jumped $3.00 dollars from the last time,a few weeks ago......That TULAMMO from Russia....Dirty-Sh!t...Every time I shoot the stuff,my gun needs a bath,that stuff is so DIRTY.......But Cheap..$$$$.......

Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Ammo took a jump at Wal-Mart ...I was just there and Ammo for .380 jumped $3.00 dollars from the last time,a few weeks ago......That TULAMMO from Russia....Dirty-Sh!t...Every time I shoot the stuff,my gun needs a bath,that stuff is so DIRTY.......But Cheap..$$$$.......
Thanks for the heads up on the Russian ammo being so dirty. I won't be shooting any then.

I will check Wal-Mart for the prices and if they have any of the dirty Russian stuff out of curiosity.

I have not noticed the prices lately as I have been shooting from my insane amount of ammo stockpile.

OC

"magbum"

Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #18

Likes Given: 13

our distributor told us at the begining of the year to expect 3-4 increases in price this year

Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #19

Ammo prices will continue to climb. Just like any other expendable commodity. Think about it. Right now they can't do much to hurt gun ownership but a gun without ammo is a paperweight.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default dont worry about the dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Russian ammo being so dirty. I won't be shooting any then.

I will check Wal-Mart for the prices and if they have any of the dirty Russian stuff out of curiosity.

I have not noticed the prices lately as I have been shooting from my insane amount of ammo stockpile.

OC
In the calibers that I shoot, 7.62x39 and 9mm, the price of the russian stuff has totally won me over. Since january when I posted this thread, I have shot a couple thousand rounds of each thru my p95, sr9c and converted saiga. I have also shot a fair amount of wwb and the difference in cleaning afterwards isnt really that bad. But sadly, the prices are going up at my beloved wal mart for the 9mm, but not for the x39....yet.