Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Are ammo prices going down? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-prices-going-down-36884/)

Pjj342 01-14-2011 05:51 AM

Are ammo prices going down?

Im sure it purely matters where you look. I thought all of you find this interesting. I recieved the Jan issue of natchez and in most handgun categories, the prices from last year have gone down a buck or two on boxes of 50. Not all, most 20 rnd boxes of defense cartriges are the same. Any other insight, has anyone noticed the same thing?

spittinfire 01-14-2011 12:12 PM

No. They haven't jumped much recently but they are still climbing. We will never see the pre gun craze prices again I'm afraid. I miss the days of feeding my 45 for less then $10/50 without the need to reload.

LONGHAIR 02-22-2011 04:44 AM

Noticed .380 shells are going down in price...$15.50...a box of 50..

Neophyte1 02-22-2011 01:54 PM

puzzled

at this last gunshow; prices down on firearms; and ammo?

a puzzle, a good puzzle; but still a puzzle

Alchemist 02-22-2011 02:16 PM

Yeah, I bought a bunch of .380 reduced last week... It's getting reasonable just now...

ninjatoth 02-22-2011 02:35 PM

The amo companies are screwing with us!Anyone else buy a .22 when the centerfire stuff was all out,yet now there is abundance of centerfire but after getting addicted to shooting the .22,alot of the .22 supply seems to be thin.

ironsights 02-22-2011 10:50 PM

Ammo has became available again with the importation of more Russian and some former soviet bloc countries. I believe people who have stocked up for the SHTF, are now stock piled to the max.
As i currently understand there are just less people shooting the volume of ammo they used to, at the local range people shoot 100 rds, not the 150-200 they used to. others have gone to .380 or 22,

this is just my observation but i believe with tight budgets and now raising gasoline prices, ammo will be available.

LONGHAIR 02-23-2011 03:48 PM

Yes I noticed a lot of RUSSIAN ammo on the shelf of WAL-MART the other day...IS it worth buying or is it cheap crap???...Russian ammo has killed alot of people over the years...but it just seems to jam-up alot in my automatics....Seems like it's a grade down from our american ammo.......What is your input???....and WHY??.......:confused:

Dgunsmith 02-24-2011 01:32 AM

Most Manufacturers are going up 10 to 15% in March on loaded ammo, components and primers.

stick_man 02-24-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgunsmith (Post 452180)
Most Manufacturers are going up 10 to 15% in March on loaded ammo, components and primers.

If I may ask, where are you getting this information? What are you basing this statement on? If there was a "panic" run (again) on the ammo and components, this could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just like a stock investment "advisor" saying to invest in a certain stock because it is heading astronomical. Enough people listen to him and purchase said stock, it will climb astronomically. I am not trying to say that this is what you are trying to do, but am truly curious.

Is there any kind of market influence out there right now that would indicate this is on the horizon? I have not seen anything in the news or on any of the forums I frequent.