Ammo prices and availability - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo prices and availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I checked for 9mm last night at Walmart. They didn't have any at all and no 22 either.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #52

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360
I checked for 9mm last night at Walmart. They didn't have any at all and no 22 either.
This might not be news but it helped me so here goes...

I have been told by employees at Walmart that when a truck is unloaded the items get scanned into inventory. Ammo usually goes to a secure storage area and than later gets stocked in sporting goods. This explains why you see stock online at your local store, but when you race over there...nada! So the trick is to find out when they set out the ammo and where they put it. I saw where my local WM had stock of .22 LR 333 round boxes one late night. Not wanting to go on another wild goose chase i just went to bed. When they still had it showing in the morning so i went over. They had it in an office over by automotive which I only learned because I followed two other guys who beat me there. Sold us each 3 boxes. Turns out stock ammo at 7am at this store, and I was told that if the web site says they have it - they do, but not necessarily out on the shelves. So the bottom line is get some intel on how the store operates.

PS. That was my one success story on .22 ammo, I am still shut out on 9mm other than very expensive self defense rounds. Good luck, y'all.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BClayton357 View Post
This might not be news but it helped me so here goes...

I have been told by employees at Walmart that when a truck is unloaded the items get scanned into inventory. Ammo usually goes to a secure storage area and than later gets stocked in sporting goods. This explains why you see stock online at your local store, but when you race over there...nada! So the trick is to find out when they set out the ammo and where they put it. I saw where my local WM had stock of .22 LR 333 round boxes one late night. Not wanting to go on another wild goose chase i just went to bed. When they still had it showing in the morning so i went over. They had it in an office over by automotive which I only learned because I followed two other guys who beat me there. Sold us each 3 boxes. Turns out stock ammo at 7am at this store, and I was told that if the web site says they have it - they do, but not necessarily out on the shelves. So the bottom line is get some intel on how the store operates.

PS. That was my one success story on .22 ammo, I am still shut out on 9mm other than very expensive self defense rounds. Good luck, y'all.
A friend of mine worked here at a local WM for a few weeks during the holidays for a little extra pocket cash on the night shift. Typically (at least here locally) they start bringing pallets of stock out late afternoon to early evening on pallets in preparation for the night shift stockers. So it could make it to the floor at anypoint between the hours of 6pm and 6am. However, sometimes with hot items he told me they'd be watching for them and pull them out immediately

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #54
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 962 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

How does the ammo show on the WM site? I have seen guns, but ammo does not show, that I noticed.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1614 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 567

Walmart here puts ammo on the shelf at 7am. If you go at night you are wasting gas. Try getting to the store when sporting goods opens.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #56

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I guess police dept.'s in Georgia aren't the only ones concerned....Illinois too

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/courts-police-and-fire/2013-01-30/police-agencies-worry-over-ammo-supplies.html

Quote:
DEKALB (AP) — Concerns over potential gun control legislation may be having an impact on Illinois law enforcement agencies.
WNIJ Radio (http://bit.ly/VvrChj) reports that some northern Illinois police departments say supplies are tight, making it more difficult to buy ammunition for officers.
DeKalb Police Chief Gene Lowery says lately his department is waiting two to five months for delivery on handgun ammunition. The police chief in Orland Park also cited demand issues when he asked the village board to approve an earlier-than-usual ammunition purchase.
Kent Williams owns Williams Shooters Supply in Quincy, which distributes ammunition commercially and to police departments. Williams says he's talked with manufacturers and they are definitely aware of the growing waiting list for police departments. Williams predicts his company will have problems making timely deliveries for most of 2013.

guess i picked the wrong day to get into reloading

Old 02-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Maine is the same 3 box limit if ya can find it 22lr $21.99 at local WM, $10.00 per 100 CCI 22lr's at local gun shop. Like most have said morning seems to be the time at WM. very well stocked now with 22lr's but don't want to waste any until thing's cool down, If they do !!!!

" If ya cant choot em stab em "

Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #58

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327965273