Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo prices and availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5075 Times on 2887 Posts
Likes Given: 4239

Nowhere near as bad as it was in '94.

Supply will catch up with demand in 12-18 months.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Our local Walley World, has the first 4 Shelves Empty, in their Ammo Case. Nothing in there now, but Shotgun Shells, a little 45, and that's about it.

I buy my Ammo there all of the time. Stopped by yesterday, and the Sporting Goods Guy looked at me, shook his head, and said, "Sorry! Nothing today!" He knows I usually pick up .22, 380, 9mm & 223, when it's on the shelf.

Yeah, I've noticed some online Ammo Sellers, are bumping up their prices too. Even Natchez is selling their SmartReloader Plastic Ammo Boxes, for twice what they did a couple of months ago. I paid $1.21 a Box, for the 100 Round #10 .22LR Ammo Box a few months ago, and they just got some more back In-Stock..... for $2.55 Each! CRAZY!

It's all in the Timing, I guess, but early last month, before Dec 14th, I got the Bolt-Action-Bug (I've already got a pretty good assortment of Semi-Auto's...), and recently picked up a couple of Savage MKII .22's (BTV & FVSR) and a .223 10XP. While everyone was grabbing all of the Semi-Auto's on the shelves, I picked up my Bolts pretty easy. I've got a decent Supply of Ammo, because I usually replace what I shoot at the Range, within a few days of going there.

Hopefully..... this will all slow down and get back to normal, sooner than later. We can only hope!

Best of Luck, ALL!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #23

local shops at here are not raping people with prices like impactguns....with their $200 50 round 9mm glock magazine.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Here in the "big" town of Enid, OK, the WalMart has about 10 boxes of expensive end rifle rounds and a few 45's. The holier than thou counter people don't know or won't tell if/when any will be received and make #$@# sure that you understand the 2 box limit. I'm sure they have all they need before the shelves are stocked.

Clint

Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5075 Times on 2887 Posts
Likes Given: 4239

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveler View Post
Here in the "big" town of Enid, OK, the WalMart has about 10 boxes of expensive end rifle rounds and a few 45's. The holier than thou counter people don't know or won't tell if/when any will be received and make #$@# sure that you understand the 2 box limit. I'm sure they have all they need before the shelves are stocked.

Clint
They probably won't tell you when they are getting more in BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW

What would be the point of not telling you if they knew????

And would rather have them enforce the 2 box limit, or sell the entire inventory to the LGS so he can sell if for scalper prices??

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 947 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 391

9mm in scarce around south central Wisconsin, check that most of Wisconsin! For some reason or other .243 is rare also! Just picked up a box of 9mm PDX1 at the local Walmart the other day for a dollar more than Gander Mountain's sale prices. The .243 on the other hand were pushing $40 for a box of twenty. They were Winchester silvertip, not sure if that is normal or not.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

US Official Unconstitutional Act. Read (it's quick) and please repost this everywhere!!!

http://constitution.org/uslaw/16amjur2nd.htm

Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #28

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2dqtpie View Post
US Official Unconstitutional Act. Read (it's quick) and please repost this everywhere!!!

http://constitution.org/uslaw/16amjur2nd.htm
Good read thank you.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 947 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Good stuff!!!!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveler View Post

Clint

I've been buying Ammo at my local Walley World for the last few years, and mostly from the same guy, the Sporting Goods Manager. He had told me in the past, that when they place an Ammo Order, it's Hit-Or-Miss, what comes in on the weekly Supply Truck. They get advanced notice that a Truck is due in, however, they have no idea what's on it. When it gets in, they accept the Delivery, Offload the Pallets, Scan all items on the Pallets into their Inventory, and finally place said Inventory on the shelves For Sale.

Ours has a 2-Box Limit as well, but, only if it's identical Ammo. He can sell you 2 Boxes of WWB 9mm 115gr, 2 Boxes of PMC 9mm 115gr, 2 Boxes of Wolf 9mm 115gr, etc., as long as the Brands/Styles are different. Not too bad a deal, if you don't mind shooting Off-Brand Ammo, from what you're used to shooting.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"