Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo prices and availability (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-prices-availability-80524/)

thdrduck 01-06-2013 06:29 PM

Ammo prices and availability

Have you checked the prices of ammo? 9mm has doubled if you can even get it. Most places I have checked are out of stock on all but top tier stuff. Hope this isn't here to stay.:confused:

John_Deer 01-06-2013 06:41 PM

I have been getting good deals on ammo by buying in bulk and waiting. Sometimes the ammo is back ordered for a month. Some ammo suppliers offer outstanding prices while they are out of stock. I try to use a coupon and free shipping on top of the great price. I might have to wait a month but I am getting 124 gr ammo for less than $10 a box. The sportsmans guide has been getting most of my business lately. They usually have the ammo at my house before the back order date and I have done business with them long before anyone was buying anything online. They used to be a mail order catalog business.

SigArmored 01-06-2013 07:54 PM

Try www.natchezss.com they had some really good prices last I looked.

thdrduck 01-06-2013 08:13 PM

Thanks Sig, they are all out of stock also.

Ara 01-07-2013 05:29 AM

I have the same issue.

Can't seem to find ammo anywhere.

I just placed my name on Natchez's waiting list.

Bigcountry02 01-07-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ara (Post 1083644)
I have the same issue.

Can't seem to find ammo anywhere.

I just placed my name on Natchez's waiting list.

Locally is the same, ammo comes in and is gone the same hour. Once in awhile you get lucky.

mudpupp 01-07-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02

Locally is the same, ammo comes in and is gone the same hour. Once in awhile you get lucky.

My local Walmart guy gives me a call whenever something is expected on the truck.

He limits me as the store requires, but at least I know what and when, without having to pay falsely inflated prices.

Sometimes it's not what you know, but who you know.

megamike 01-07-2013 06:16 AM

I have to say I'm having very ill if any trouble getting 9mm white box both my local Walmart has plenty at hand for 8-10 a box prob alil mor then Bulk but I don't have to wait and can so it while grocery shopping I hope it stays that way too

mudpupp 01-07-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamike
I have to say I'm having very ill if any trouble getting 9mm white box both my local Walmart has plenty at hand for 8-10 a box prob alil mor then Bulk but I don't have to wait and can so it while grocery shopping I hope it stays that way too

9's and 40's are still there..

It's the .223, 7.62, and even now 12 ga, I wait for.

FrontierTCB 01-07-2013 11:07 AM

Went to Wal Mart yesterday to get some 22 All they had was two boxes of 22 short some obscure rifle rounds and bird shot. Guy working counter said enthusiastically "We had some 9mm this morning". He said it took him 4 hours to stock the ammo shelves and most of it was gone by 10:00am.