Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo at my Wal-Mart! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-my-wal-mart-98814/)

Winchester94 10-15-2013 07:24 AM

Ammo at my Wal-Mart!
 
I went to my local Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and trudge through the sporting goods section and look at the empty ammo shelves. But lo and behold; .22lr, .223, 7.63x39, 9mm, .380, and .45 ammo! It was like a dream come true! I have hope that were nearly out of this shortage!

jimogden1984 10-15-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winchester94 (Post 1402221)
I went to my local Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and trudge through the sporting goods section and look at the empty ammo shelves. But lo and behold; .22lr, .223, 7.63x39, 9mm, .380, and .45 ammo! It was like a dream come true! I have hope that were nearly out of this shortage!

all the Walmarts in my area have had pretty much everything but 22 and 9mm, unfortunately those are the 2 things I need. They say 9mm flies off the shelf and they're not even getting 22 in

Winchester94 10-15-2013 04:37 PM

They had 325 round CCI packs, plus some 50 rounders. Also they had 50 and 100 round boxes of 9mm. It totally took me by surprise to come upon them.
Its been a long time since I've seen much of anything, besides bulk shotgun shells. There had been rumors that some of the employees were leaving the ammo in the back, then buying it on their break, then auctioning it off on the internet.

jimogden1984 10-15-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winchester94 (Post 1402487)
They had 325 round CCI packs, plus some 50 rounders. Also they had 50 and 100 round boxes of 9mm. It totally took me by surprise to come upon them.
Its been a long time since I've seen much of anything, besides bulk shotgun shells. There had been rumors that some of the employees were leaving the ammo in the back, then buying it on their break, then auctioning it off on the internet.

I was kinda thinking that might be a possibility

Winchester94 10-15-2013 04:43 PM

My girlfriend's sister used to work work there, and she told me that some people had been.

AIKIJUTSU 10-15-2013 04:47 PM

Some local sporting goods stores now are stocked pretty well with ammo, too. Maybe the gov't can't buy any more until the shutdown is over, so it's leaving some for the rest of us.

Winchester94 10-15-2013 04:50 PM

All of the sporting goods stores around had .22s most of the time, but it was way to expensive.

afe7 10-16-2013 03:35 AM

Walmarts in the Dayton Ohio area have had a wide assortment of ammo lately. I have been able to pick up 9 mm and some 40 sw. Tonight I even saw 500 round boxes of federal 7.62 x 51. I was a bit shocked to see the 7.62.

95sniper 10-16-2013 03:38 AM

I bought 500 rounds of cci mini mags for roughly $7 a 100, not too bad...

jimogden1984 10-16-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winchester94 (Post 1402507)
All of the sporting goods stores around had .22s most of the time, but it was way to expensive.

I found a brand new lgs that had 555 round bulk boxes for 40, best I've seen in a long time


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.