Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #401
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 184 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

Reminds me of the "let's stick it to the oil companies and all refuse to buy gas on April 1st -- that'll REALLY bring 'em to their knees!" nonsense.

Some of you guys still simply don't understand what's happening except that you find yourselves thirsty in the middle of a drought. So, you think, if everyone'd just refuse to drink water that'd force it to rain.

This is astounding...
Hocka you continue to amaze me. Buying ammo is much different than buying fuel. It really is a long shot to have everyone not buy ammo or gas or milk, whatever it may be, for a day. But no one needs to have ammo at the prices that they are. Just like what jpatterson said about the guy he knows. THIS IS WHY AMMO IS STILL SO EXPENSIVE. If people weren't foolish enough to know that $1.00 a round of .223 is INSANE prices than no one would be jumping on the chance to make a quick buck. That's what really drives me nuts, instead of sticking together in these crazy times, people are selfish and see an opportunity to make a quick buck. It disgusts me and I'm tired of seeing it happen.

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

bluez Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #402

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Long;
Your logic is backwards. People taking advantage of the situation, which I do not condone, to sell to others who are desperate as well as uninformed and/or willing to pay too much anyway are the effect of the run on guns and ammo, not its cause.

By definition the ammo market has reached equilibrium. Yes the predatory and the stupid escalate the volume of elevated and wide-ranging prices somewhat, but, they are not the market makers here, the Party of the Left and an incompetent loyal opposition are. If Harry Reid didn't buy stock in Federal on Election Day I'd be stunned...

Many of you are still looking at this as a narrow and limited aberration. I'm here to tell you this is the symptom of a broad and deep-rooted cancer.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-19-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #403

Liked 184 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Long;
Your logic is backwards. People taking advantage of the situation, which I do not condone, to sell to others who are desperate as well as uninformed and/or willing to pay too much anyway are the effect of the run on guns and ammo, not its cause.

By definition the ammo market has reached equilibrium. Yes the predatory and the stupid escalate the volume of elevated and wide-ranging prices somewhat, but, they are not the market makers here, the Party of the Left and an incompetent loyal opposition are. If Harry Reid didn't buy stock in Federal on Election Day I'd be stunned...

Many of you are still looking at this as a narrow and limited aberration. I'm here to tell you this is the symptom of a broad and deep-rooted cancer.

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #404

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Oh I understand what's going on and I might have ample supply, you will never know, but I always want more.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #405

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post
Wha? Too many three to five syllable words!?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #406
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4483 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Plenty of syllables to go round.

Clo-sed thre-ad

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

BadBob Likes This 
Closed Thread