Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy! - Page 37
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #361
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob View Post
The greedy will always find an excuse for taking advantage of others.

Some actually think the ammo shortage is because whiners weren't prepared, and I guess when stores run out of ammo it was the consumers's fault and not because the store didn't plan ahead and have 50,000 extra rounds per caliber on hand?

Tit for tat is a child's game. The truth is there was no way to know this was going to happen so fast, and we're all in this together. Well, all of us are except for those who think it's okay to take advantage of others when the chips are down. You can bet your azz I won't be taking in anyone like that if the SHTF. If you'd casually burn me now you'd probably try to steal my food later.
Not to address you personally BadBob; more the person you represent. That kind of attitude is the blame-others, redistributionist, equality-of-outcome-not-opportunity, unprepared, man-child, "I deserve mines" attitude that degenerates into low-lifes thieving and worse (not to mention the Administration we have in place today).

"We're all in this together" but people who took or take care of themselves are greedy!? So what's yours is yours and what isn't yours shoulda been left behind for you at your convenience and pleasure while you were off doing different things and spending money on who-cares-what. Yet others are the selfish bastards to the like of you, "taking advantage," and you're already thinking about theft as you become more afraid and defensive. Hello, Dr. Freud!

YOU are why the foresighted are stocked, locked, and loaded. There was no way to know this was gonna happen? Do you not have ANY self respect or take any personal responsibility for ANYTHING or has your political party completely succesfully brainwashed you!? A reasonable adult, acting like one, could see this coming an election away! When things were good you did nothing, and it didn't matter, you had faith, hope, and change in your pocket but now that they're not so good rationing is great! Un-friggin'-believable.

IMO YOU are what the civil society is to fear the most in the end. You won't have any more food when the SHTF than you will a-trip-to-the-range's-ammo today, just enough to rob and kill those who owe you supper simply becasue they have and you have not. You don't just explain this above, you will JUSTIFY it in the end. The sociopath.

You hope the rest of us are defenseless. I only hope you are stopped cold at the first place you attempt to impose your immoral will.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-16-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #362

Liked 694 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Default What the...???

Not to address you personally HockaLouis; more the person you represent.....
This "I got mine and it sucks to be you.." attitude doesn't help either. You prepared and are sitting on X amount of gear.. well then good for you.
BadBob is speaking the truth... We ARE part of the problem when profit and hoarding are a person's (or in the case of some company's) first concern. I've said it before and I'll say it again... You really find out who your friends are when things get tough. Should things get rough(er)... NO ONE will last long going it alone. I'll remember who was decent & civil and who was a greedy, self rightous asshat. ...Sure hope you have a support network.... and claiming some is "immoral" ain't the way to build it buddy.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #363

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 729

The bottom line is if you have not learned from the past, Well your problem. I share w/ people I know. Most of the idiots in gun shops are, Idiots. If I had been in line and bought the last 3000 rounds and had been asked politely, I may sell a few hundred to the person, but there are @ssholes on both sides. Trust is earned, not given.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Not to address you personally HockaLouis; more the person you represent.....
This "I got mine and it sucks to be you.." attitude doesn't help either. You prepared and are sitting on X amount of gear.. well then good for you.
BadBob is speaking the truth... We ARE part of the problem when profit and hoarding are a person's (or in the case of some company's) first concern. I've said it before and I'll say it again... You really find out who your friends are when things get tough. Should things get rough(er)... NO ONE will last long going it alone. I'll remember who was decent & civil and who was a greedy, self rightous asshat. ...Sure hope you have a support network.... and claiming some is "immoral" ain't the way to build it buddy.
NC, it's not too late -- be responsible, step up, and pay if you really need something! Sorry, no government subsidy. I stopped crying for "Mommy" a long time ago and, I assure you, you will not suckle from me or mine...

What does someone else's "profit and hoarding" have to do with you except that you are ill-prepared and jealous. To get mad and hold others responsible for your chosen and still escapable situation? Sorry, I'm not responsible for anything about your life no matter how much you want, even demand, my property.

When it's really gonna matter such kind of predation is exactly what self-sufficient Americans will defend themselves from. And we don't really care how many of your misguided and desperate "friends" come along. Reconcile yourself to the decisions YOU made and live with them or else that choice won't be left up to you alone. I think the truly selfish, angry, instant-gratification-choosing peasants who act out are in for a very rude awakening should things ever really go very badly...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-17-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #365

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
NC, it's still not too late -- be responsible for yourself, step up, and pay if you really need something! Sorry, no government subsidy. I stopped crying for "Mommy" a long time ago and you will not suckle from me...

What does someone else's "profit and hoarding" have to do with you except that you are ill-prepared and jealous. To get mad and hold others responsible for your chosen and still escapable situation? Sorry, I'm not responsible for anything about your life no matter how much you want, even demand, my property.

When it's really gonna matter that kind of person is exactly whom self-sufficient Americans will defend themselves from. And they don't really care how many of your misguided and desperate "friends" you bring. I think the truly selfish, angry, instant-gratification peasants who act out are in for a very rude awakening should things ever really go very badly...
So since people are buying ammo and turning out and putting it on armslist at an insane marked up price is totally fine by you because people aren't preparing for the end of the world every day? That's not right man the reason these prices are the way they are is because instead of refusing to pay these rediculous prices they panic and buy up everything they can, no matter what the price.

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post
So since people are buying ammo and turning out and putting it on armslist at an insane marked up price is totally fine by you because people aren't preparing for the end of the world every day? That's not right man the reason these prices are the way they are is because instead of refusing to pay these rediculous prices they panic and buy up everything they can, no matter what the price.
OK Long, let's see if I can help you out here...

You do not get to determine all the buyers' attitudes and whether or not they should panic or pay what they are, they do. You don't agree with them. You know better. Good. So now there's no reason to be annoyed except that there is this inconvenience of not getting everything you want, where you want, when you want it, at the price you want it for like before the November election and especially the most recent mass-shooting. I mean, who coulda possibly seen THOSE coming, right?

You know this too shall pass. Um, despite the election and any more shootings. Right? See, I've set you free. Go in peace...

PS: I don't agree with "profiteering" but the market is what it is. The Party of the Left is working on it but it is still a free country, sorta, after all. Some would consider themselves lucky to get what they are in dire straights for at any price and others might work a little harder than usual not to pay the premiums things are selling for with just the push of a button on the internet... Others will curse the heavens, damn the diligent, and post tirades about how unfair life is at accomodating them here. Pointlessly...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-17-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 AM   #367

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Good day of ammo shopping went to my LGS this morning and picked up a spam can of 7.62x54r $89 and a box of American Eagle 40S&W $18.95 and this evening stopped in to Wal-Mart and the had ammo picked up 1 box of Tulammo. 45ACP $15.97 and 2 boxes of Tulammo 40S&W $14.97. So there is ammo out there just takes a bit of patience to find it. Good Luck!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #368

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

My LGS had 223 and 9mm but a 2 box limit. Went with a spam can because the 440 rounds in it counted as I box. Wal-Mart had 380, 40 and 45 so I had to pick and choose.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #369

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

There is ammo coming in every day, you just have to know who has it and when. Fortunately, not everyone is price gouging. I have found a few places where I can pick up extra ammo within their limits. And there are days like today where I can pick up 1000 rounds of 9mm @ $13.50/box of 50. We have to be patient and not feed the fire.
With that being said, even though this will most likely pass, we have been on a long trend of creating new gun owners daily as well. Demand will continue to grow.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #370

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Where do I sign up for getting government assistance for getting ammo?

Closed Thread