Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Right. I'm not trying to make anything, just get ammo in the hands of those wanting to use it. I still get hate mail everyday :rolleyes:
Fuk'em---------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

locutus Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'll buy some. Let me know. I'll never pay a dollar a round. That's nuts

Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
When I find a case around here, like 9mm, I buy it and sell half the case on local forums where members can't find anything. I get a lot of hate mail from some folks saying that people like me cause the problem, but hey whatever if you don't like what I have then don't shoot, right? And it's not like I am gouging anyone. I buy 9mm at about $16 a box of 50 when I can get it. I sell the boxes for $20. And many, many people have thanked me for an hour after meeting up and selling it to them. I try to distribute it to shooters, not hoarders. The more people with loaded weapons on hand, the less likely they'll ever attempt to take them away
That's not a markup that's the cost of gas to go get the stuff. You're doing one hell of a good thing for shooters stuck without being able to find ammo.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3740

I've been stockpiling ammo and components for more than 20 years. I have plenty on hand and don't need to buy any more this year.

I only shoot about 1000-1500 per month, so i have plenty

And it really pisses me off to hear people who weren't smart enough to lay in a decent supply whining about the shortage and calling other people names like "hoarder."

Does it bother you that some folks were smarter than you??

Don't try to blame other shooters for your own failure to plan ahead. Learn something from it and be prepared next time.

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #25

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And it really pisses me off to hear people who weren't smart enough to lay in a decent supply whining about the shortage and calling other people names like "hoarder."

Does it bother you that some folks were smarter than you??

Don't try to blame other shooters for your own failure to plan ahead. Learn something from it and be prepared next time.
So I'm stupid because I decided that my rent and insurance payments should be payed before I go and buy ammo? Not everyone has desopible income to be used on ammo. I bought what I could afford when I could. Yeah now with my new job I can afford more but now it isnt there to buy. Don't judge others when you do not know there situations.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #26

Also not all of us are old enough to have been stockpilling for 20 years or are new to the gun world. Maybe instead of talking down to other people you could offer helpful advise to us stupid people.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #27

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide View Post
I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!
I wouldn't blame it on Jerry down the road buying 5 boxes of 9mm

If you ask me, there's Someone else to blame here
Balota Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
Maybe instead of talking down to other people you could offer helpful advise to us stupid people.
He did, "be prepared next time". This was a new experience for me as well, the speed at which things went from "available" to " nothing" was shocking. Luckily I had picked up enough ammo in the prior year to keep me shooting for quite a while, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have been better stocked. That ship has sailed, but I'm damn sure going to be in a better spot if/when this happens again.

So, as locutus said, "be prepared next time".
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 310 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 107

The evening news tonight covered a weekend gun show event in Eastern Washington State It spoke of people leaving with hand carts full of high dollar ammunition. Some of the prices folks were paying is unbelievable but, I figure it's their money and they can spend it however they chose. Here's the link to the news clip.

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/20943648/people-stocking-up-on-guns-and-ammunition-at-pasco-gun-show

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #30

I'm not talking about next time. NOW I have the money so NEXT time is not a concern to me. I'm talking about this time. Ammo prices and availability might not improve. I think that they will but if they don't those of us without a stockpile are SOL.