Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #271
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5678 Times on 2811 Posts
Likes Given: 6041

I gotta say, I really do wish I saw this coming! I didnt invest in gold when it was cheap, shoulda bought Microsoft way back when, missed moving my stocks before the crash and now Ive missed out on Buying in on Ammo! Right now, those that have buckloads are sitting on a gold mine! Maybe thats why the manufactures arent screaming so loudly about the Anti 2a mooovement, they are just shoveling in the cash like cow sh!t!

Just like any other commodity (Bullets are no different than Silver, Copper and Oil), you need to be careful of potential losses in your investment if the market changes. I like you guys but I hope the market drops right out of sight and your room full of ammo is worth what its worth, not what you paid for it in the great Bullet Market Rally!

If that happens, I know its because We The People forced our Government to re-empower our 2a as it was intended! Then I can go down to Walmart and get a brick of .22's and a couple boxes of shotgun shells for less than breakfast at Denny's (I actually dont eatr at Denny's but you get the point).

Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #272
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

I dont eat at Denny's either because any restaurant that can f*ck up eggs n bacon doesn't deserve my money.

And I'm kicking myself in the butt because I never saw a .22 lr shortage coming and it's the only caliber I didn't stock up on.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #273

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
i found sum 30 30 ammo at cabelas a lil backorderd but i get my 140 rounds by first week april no big deal not bad prices only 17bucks for 20 rounds fedral 170 g
Where are you located? Because my local gander has a 10 foot section of strictly 30-06,308, and 30-30 my local dunhams has between 3-10 boxes of each above an i stop at both once a week

Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #274

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

i think we'll see ammo as the manufacturers get geared up to meet the demand of the stuff in short supply. if nothing else, we need to realize vulnerability and plan accordingly. smart folks will lay in a supply of ammo, smarter folks might begin reloading and maybe even casting.

budman

ignorance is fixable, stupidity is forever...

locutus Likes This 
Old 03-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #275
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62
I dont eat at Denny's either because any restaurant that can f*ck up eggs n bacon doesn't deserve my money.

And I'm kicking myself in the butt because I never saw a .22 lr shortage coming and it's the only caliber I didn't stock up on.
Same here on both parts. I don't even have a .22lr firearm and I wish I stocked up on it.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 03-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #276
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 228 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Same here on both parts. I don't even have a .22lr firearm and I wish I stocked up on it.
Relax. Inhale, exhale.

22lr is not going anywhere. It will be back, it will be cheap, and it will be abundant. And when it is, do yourself a favor and buy $200 worth to put away for a rainy day...because that's 5-6K rounds, and this recurring issue will never be your problem again.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #277
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Relax. Inhale, exhale.

22lr is not going anywhere. It will be back, it will be cheap, and it will be abundant. And when it is, do yourself a favor and buy $200 worth to put away for a rainy day...because that's 5-6K rounds, and this recurring issue will never be your problem again.
I'm starting to run a little low on CCI Mini-Mags but other than that I have around 4,000 plinking rounds. Once we get back to normal levels, I plan to buy enough to fill a couple small ammo cans. Those will be put away and forgotten about until the next rainy day.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #278

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I'm starting to run a little low on CCI Mini-Mags but other than that I have around 4,000 plinking rounds. Once we get back to normal levels, I plan to buy enough to fill a couple small ammo cans. Those will be put away and forgotten about until the next rainy day.
I'm about the same shape-
Figger i'll do the same because trust me----There will be another rainy day

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

aandabooks Likes This 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #279
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5203 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 4434

IMHO, the ONLY way to buy .22LR is by the case.You'll be surprised how fast you use up those 5000 rounds.

A case is 10- bricks. Even it you pay $20 per brick that's only $200

If you can "piggy back" on a club order, you'll pay a lot less.

Golda Meier.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #280

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man
I don't think it is hording as much as people finding a new way to make a dollar.
At Christmas time as soon as they announce what the new toy of the season is every one rushes out to buy them.
Why, some have children to give them to but some buy to make a profit.
The same thing is going on with ammo right now, people have bought up all they can because of the rush on ammo that drove the prices up.
Then they began to sell it back to us at the higher prices, if you had paid attention four years ago you would have seen the same thing going on.
That is why there are so many ammo tables at the gun shows these days, before the election there were only a few, now almost every table has at least some ammo on it.
So if you just stop buying for a month or so you will see the price drop real fast.
As for me I'm not hording I just know when to buy, back a year & a half ago when .223 was on sale for .25 to .30 cents per round that was the time to stock up, but not to resell just to get me over the after election panic.
This time the panic was pushed to a higher point because of ban talk.
The difference this time is the huge purchases by government agencies. In some cases 7 years worth

Closed Thread