Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
CTD just sent me an email about ammo they have. They want $30 for a box of PMC xtac .223/5.56!!!!!!! Wow, what a deal!
For sure
$20 for 9mm tula----------+$15 shippin course-
I just say no to CTD

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #192
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
CTD just sent me an email about ammo they have. They want $30 for a box of PMC xtac .223/5.56!!!!!!! Wow, what a deal!
You talking about a box of 20?!?
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #193

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This morning I found my Walmart just received some Winchester 9mm 100rd boxes!! My three per customer limit went home with me for $24.99 a box!! Yeah!!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #194

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyshamrock40 View Post
This morning I found my Walmart just received some Winchester 9mm 100rd boxes!! My three per customer limit went home with me for $24.99 a box!! Yeah!!
Good job! Our local Walmarts are getting them in sporadically. We are starting to get near time for spring competitions to start. I shoot in a few handgun regularly that start in April, and normally this time of year I'd be going thru dozens of those Winchester range boxes. Now, I'm working on dry fire practice in the basement! Saving live ammo for matches.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #195

Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 36

everyone is so distracted about the ammo shortage and gun prices, i havent heard anyone bitch about the fact that gas is 4 fukin dollars a gallon again. careful planning on obummers part no doubt.

Remington 700P - .308
Norinco SKS - 7.62x39
Mossberg 500 - 12 ga.
Savage FV64 - .22
Marlin Model 60 - .22 PARTS FOR SALE
EAA Witness P - 9mm
AR15 - 5.56/.223

Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #196
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1397 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Plenty of ammo here but the weather has been to rough to have a match anywhere. I guess the good lord decided to break the drought before we shot all of our ammo. We have had so much rain and snow this year the water table is starting to recover. Needless to say everything in central NC is muddy.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #197

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So where can you get cheap ammo? You know like 30 cents a round?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #198

Liked 139 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Here is an email from Midway USA I just received. They will continue to get my business.

Dear Valued Customer,
In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.
Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.
We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.
One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.
As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyshamrock40 View Post
Been awhile

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Here is an email from Midway USA I just received. They will continue to get my business.

Dear Valued Customer,
In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.
Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.
We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.
One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.
As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.
Midway has been my #1 go to for many years!

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Closed Thread