Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I was in the midst of my AR build, and finished it two weeks before all this happened. Was on a very very tight budget. I had purchased some ammo here and there during the build. Had planned on buying ammo when I got paid. Then this happened. Luckily, River Bend Arms came through in glorious style, and we made some transactions. I am in no way comfortable with the amount on hand, but I feel a lot better about it.

I was a step behind the game, that is my own fault, I don't blame anyone for buying everything they can. I told my wife to look for ammo when she goes to various stores, and if a caliber is in stock, to buy every damn box she can lol.

Good luck in you search. I was seeing $14 boxes of wolf ammo at all my lgs a month ago.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #12

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

Just got back from checking two local stores. Shelves empty except for obscure rounds and bird shot. Same as usual.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #13

Liked 401 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 1428

Just checked my local WM, empty
Glad i have my stash, that I bought relatively cheaply pre- bubble.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 02-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #14

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide View Post
I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!
I share your feelings on this. The same thing is happening here. It makes things difficult for the people who actually want to shoot their firearms and get in some target practice. It is not only happening with ammo but guns also. Many people are buying guns and ammo who will just take it home and put it somewhere where it will collect dust. They won't even learn how to use the gun they bought. Their guns won't be of much use to them if they ever need it because they won't know what to do with them.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So all of the gun owners buy all the golf balls you can during the winter so golfers can't golf when it gets nicer and then maybe the golfers and the gun owners can trade

Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I have found that police supply shop near me has inventory and their prices are marginally affected by the recent run. They sell to civilians so I would say give it a try in all y'all's areas.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

When I find a case around here, like 9mm, I buy it and sell half the case on local forums where members can't find anything. I get a lot of hate mail from some folks saying that people like me cause the problem, but hey whatever if you don't like what I have then don't shoot, right? And it's not like I am gouging anyone. I buy 9mm at about $16 a box of 50 when I can get it. I sell the boxes for $20. And many, many people have thanked me for an hour after meeting up and selling it to them. I try to distribute it to shooters, not hoarders. The more people with loaded weapons on hand, the less likely they'll ever attempt to take them away

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

naturehiker Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #18

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
When I find a case around here, like 9mm, I buy it and sell half the case on local forums where members can't find anything. I get a lot of hate mail from some folks saying that people like me cause the problem, but hey whatever if you don't like what I have then don't shoot, right? And it's not like I am gouging anyone. I buy 9mm at about $16 a box of 50 when I can get it. I sell the boxes for $20. And many, many people have thanked me for an hour after meeting up and selling it to them. I try to distribute it to shooters, not hoarders. The more people with loaded weapons on hand, the less likely they'll ever attempt to take them away
If your only markin it up 4 bucks you ain't making anything---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
If your only markin it up 4 bucks you ain't making anything---
Right. I'm not trying to make anything, just get ammo in the hands of those wanting to use it. I still get hate mail everyday

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
Kai

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I can't fault anyone for buying what they can while they can.
If I see ammo I use on a store shelf and I have some money I will buy what I can afford.

I'm not a fan of a LGS owner buying up an entire store's stock to resell it in his shop at widely inflated prices though. I'm not sure but in NY reselling like that is illegal. Though like criminals only honest people pay attention to and not break laws.

Closed Thread