Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy! - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #171
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2044 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 2220

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Got ammo due tomorrow from Midway- Posted here they had some 5 mins after i placed my order- 10mins later i was told gone again!
Academy here doesn't even display handgun ammo now-They just say they're out---- using the shelves for other junk
Academy here in Tulsa moved their handgun ammo up to the front behind the Customer Service counter. Probably to minimize confrontations between customers fighting over the small supply.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #172
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1089 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoulter View Post
Went to Walmart in Pleasanton TX this wknd and the clerk at the gun bar told me about a month ago before they put a 3 box limit on ammo there was a guy that bought $10K worth of different caliber ammo and the next day the FBI was at his house wanting to know why he needed all that ammo. Not sure how the FBI found out about the sale but I guess Walmart let them know...
Wal-Mart, Google, tsa, nsa, all connected at some levels. Anyone not seeing where all the cameras are pointing and how easily they can be linked up, is not paying attention.

Remember the school that gave away laptops a few years ago, and was watching teens showering at home on the pc camera? That was years ago, and now we all have forward and rearward facing cameras on our cellphones, that cannot be turned off.

Anyone expecting any level of privacy in this day and age, is in for a rude awakening.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #173

Liked 152 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Anyone looking for 9mm? Cabelas has Remington UMC 250 rounds for $80.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #174
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Anyone looking for 9mm? Cabelas has Remington UMC 250 rounds for $80.
I'm suprised its still there.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #175
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2933 Times on 1706 Posts
Likes Given: 1749

I guess I'm just lucky, in last two weeks, I've picked up 2 - 500 round bricks of UMC 9mm FMJ & 4 - 500 rnd. bricks of 22lr. Just saw 2 AR-15, an SKS and a AR-15, all used, for sale yesterday, in 2 of my LGS.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I guess I'm just lucky, in last two weeks, I've picked up 2 - 500 round bricks of UMC 9mm FMJ & 4 - 500 rnd. bricks of 22lr. Just saw 2 AR-15, an SKS and a AR-15, all used, for sale yesterday, in 2 of my LGS.
You are pretty lucky, please send some 22lr my way, I havent physically seen anything but shotshells in a few months.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #177

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default ammo hoarding

I was told by ACADEMY employee that the store had fired 3, guys the past two weeks for "Networking" the store products. I understand that as the items came in, .22cal, P-Mags, one fella even an AR, they would just put it back and resale on GB. The store assist. manager assurd all the other ACADEMY's are on the lookout for such "terrible" behavior. I know that the store has mostly ethical, fine folks working there. Greed can make a typical "nice" person into a not so "nice" person.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #178

Liked 152 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper

I'm suprised its still there.
I am hoping its a sign things are calming down.

I still can't find 22 online anywhere. I have heard it shows up at Walmart and Academy once in a while but I am not at the stage where I need to be there at 7am to get some.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #179

Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide View Post
I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!
Hey we may be next door neighbors! I haven't checked all the shops yet. I am good on ammo but I need mags.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #180
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Wal-Mart, Google, tsa, nsa, all connected at some levels. Anyone not seeing where all the cameras are pointing and how easily they can be linked up, is not paying attention.

Remember the school that gave away laptops a few years ago, and was watching teens showering at home on the pc camera? That was years ago, and now we all have forward and rearward facing cameras on our cellphones, that cannot be turned off.

Anyone expecting any level of privacy in this day and age, is in for a rude awakening.

If we don't watch them closely they will put flouride in the water and pollute our precious boldiy fluids.

Winston Churchill

Closed Thread