Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yes people are hoarding ammo, but i reload all mine so i have been busy but it is a fun hobbies and its winter and a great time to reload so when spring comes you have ammo to shoot in the spring and summer and fall and i can make better ammo than you can buy test it in the gun and see what it likes and then that's the load for that gun and i make my own pistol bullets so i can afford to shoot and keep my skills up! So get into reloading the NRA has classes and you can find one in your area and let me warn you reloading can be addictive

Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #162

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I reload and can it find powder. I am out and have 400 more rounds to load of 223. I have primers and bullets but no powder this sux.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #163

Liked 111 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 39

The ammo situation is a pain in the butt. I have 500 rounds of 9mm on the way but I can not find 22 anywhere.

I hope it improves a little soon.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #164

Went to Walmart in Pleasanton TX this wknd and the clerk at the gun bar told me about a month ago before they put a 3 box limit on ammo there was a guy that bought $10K worth of different caliber ammo and the next day the FBI was at his house wanting to know why he needed all that ammo. Not sure how the FBI found out about the sale but I guess Walmart let them know...

Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Got ammo due tomorrow from Midway- Posted here they had some 5 mins after i placed my order- 10mins later i was told gone again!
Academy here doesn't even display handgun ammo now-They just say they're out---- using the shelves for other junk
I went to Academy in Round Rock Tx last Thursday at 7:50 am thinking I would beat the crowds and there were 50 people waiting outside the front door. It looked like Bestbuy on Black Friday! Worst part is they only sell you one box per caliber up to 3 different calibers and they were out of all of it before I got to the counter.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #166
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
I just don't get it. Why would there need to be a run on ammo. I mean if ANY weapons ban goes into effect (which we know won't anyway) they're not going to ban ammo?!? So why hoard ammo NOW when ammo is at the highest prices I've EVER seen?!
Went to a half dozen stores today, no .25, .32, 223/5.56, 9mm, .40 and limited stock on .45, .38, .380 and 12ga. I bought 3 boxes (the store limit!!!) of PMC Bronze in .45 for $25 EACH. Brutal.
You have not a c,lue. "they" can EASILY stop all ammo production or severely limit it. Then you can buy or own all the guns you want & use em as clubs. Use your head man! I know reality sucks but that is where we are at now. ANYTHING is possible with our current corrupted (possibly permanently!) government.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #167

Liked 111 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Well my orders finally shipped. Should have 500 rounds of 9mm tomorrow. Will also be getting some buckshot tomorrow that I ordered online as that is proving difficult to find around here.

I just need to find 1000 rounds of 22 and I will be reasonably happy, just reluctant to shoot much.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #168
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4470 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturehiker View Post
You have not a c,lue. "they" can EASILY stop all ammo production or severely limit it. Then you can buy or own all the guns you want & use em as clubs. Use your head man! I know reality sucks but that is where we are at now. ANYTHING is possible with our current corrupted (possibly permanently!) government.
Anytime there is a demand for an item of whatever nature, legal or not, someone will strive to supply that demand.

Most drugs have been illegal for over half a century and its easier to get a baggie of weed than it is to find a magpul magazine in stock...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #169

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Good luck at Cabelas. I hope the store has something for you, but the odds are slim. Even online it's hard to get anything from them, and it's usually the other way around.

Here in Florida Bass Pro Shops has been out of most ammo for months. I've been ordering stuff from Cabela's online, even if it's something that's considered "backorderable", and I've slowly got everything I've ordered, except for ammo.

Magpul was awesome, but I'm still waiting for mags from Ruger...

I don't know who they ordered from, and who provides them with powder, brass, and primers, but I'm starting to wonder if the fed's massive ammo ordering was purposely designed to keep civilians from having access.

Also, the retail manufacturers say "first come first served" but I can see where it'd be hard not to fill the big orders first to keep the cash-flow going.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 AM   #170
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1443 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
Try finding 45 auto or anything else in NJ. Sold Out. Thanks to our out of state brothers who still have some ammo stock available. 23 new ANTI gun laws being voted on in the state house next week. In home inspections, 5 round mag limit, "state" run ammo stores, no out of state purchases, mental health exams by "state" doctors, no rifle calibers that may penetrate body armor, renew firearms cards every 5 years, heavy fees, mandatory liability insurance. The libs
Can't wait till every gun owner is disarmed. Sad days in NJ.
Born and raised in NJ as were my parents and grandparents. Now live in Oklahoma. Used to like going to visit. Now that I carry every day, I doubt I'll be back.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Closed Thread