Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy! - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul
Hossfly, I like your replies, I can get "thin skinned" sometimes. I take back my response saying you were being rude and snide. IAW, my humble apology. I always known that if I can't say something "nice" then I shouldn't say anything.
Back to ammo shortage. Are you folks having troubles getting .22LR at the Wal-Marts and Academy's in Lufkin like we are here in Frisco, Plano area? I've found some on Gunbroker but I won't pay $90.00, plus $15.00 s/h for a box of 525 Federal rounds.
I shop at ODCMP and a fella can get 5000rds Aquila for $250.00 plus $24.95 S/H. I don't need that much .22LR but may go ahead and get it. I have a few friends, believe it or not I really do, that we share our stuff with at cost. I have a brick of .22LR I'm gonna have to keep for shtf purposes but have managed to get a few hundred rounds here and there.
We good-
NO 22lr to be had here at all----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

paul Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #152

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popgunner View Post
I don't think anti's are buying up ammo. <snip>

She handed it to me like it was a rotten fish & asked me to get it out of there & that they didn't want any guns or ammo at the house. This was not the feeling as I went thru my dads guns two years ago with them when he died

<snip>

Right now lots of folks in the general populace have been made to feel very afraid of guns & ammo & that they should have nothing to do with them. I plan to continue what I've done for decades-keep taking new shooters to the range & organize group shoots with old shooting friends that invite other new shooters. I plan to do this as long as I can.
True that.

We have an anti-gun executive branch busily ignoring all other REALLY IMPORTANT issues facing this country so as to hide behind a smokescreen with a full-tilt propaganda war of their anti-2A rhetoric.

And they are ably assisted by a predominately anti-2A media that completely controls the delivery of the message.

To those haus-fraus and fudd-gunners with just a "casual interest" or limited knowledge of firearms - the association is now like being a pedophile.

We have an anti-2A radio talkshow host here in PGH each morning that pretty much makes Pierced Organ on CNN seem like Wayne LaPierre. He gets 3-free hours every single day to spew his complete BS and half-truths - we are all "gun nuts".

Our main newspaper - Pgh Post-Gazette - has been traditionally leftist - try getting a non-leftwingnut Letter to the Ed published there. No way.

The uninformed/misinformed voters are fed a daily diet of anti-2A spew. No wonder when they see guns and ammo anymore they wretch.

Glass half full: more for me and the rest of us.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #153
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by px4storm
Time to get out of NJ. I don't own anything but wanting something.
You may just have that right.

How are ammo stocks in the Boca/Ft Lauderdale area?
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #154

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
<snip>

The only hope I've seen lately, is ODCMP putting restriction limits on their items, which by the way, have become gouged/scalped items as well. Lately, there has been people buying the 10 gun limit, which is too damn many, just to resale at the scalp prices. Same with the ammo they sell, fortunately, limit's are in place on it. I'm not saying people should have a limit on the amount of guns they own, but if you're not normally a gun dealer, then quit screwing your fellow shooters just to make a unethical dollar. Those kind of folks, people remember when things settle back down some, as the jerks that took advantage of their neighbors.
True that.

I seen that first hand at PGH area gunshows where CMP ammo AND Garands are being re-sold - despite the supposed "word" that they were intended for private use.

At least that is how I bought mine way back when - back at a time when purchase limits on Garands were real low due to supplies.

I understood the limits and was happy - I had a dirt-cheap mil-spec Garand sent directly to my door. And I understood the re-sale and purchase limits due to the priviledge of buying one at such a low price, and, the limited supplies. Garand supply was always at the whim of politicians allowing re-patriation, or for the .MIL to release them from storage to CMP.

Then when I heard of the 10-Garand limit - I almost puked.

Are you kidding me?? We ALL know exactly whats happening now...

I posted on the CMP forum to confirm the 10-gun limit - and was quickly attacked for raising the dirty secret that the CMP's mission is basically to prop up airsoft and BB gun training via mass sales of Garands.

Forget the marksmanship with high-powered rifles BS they feed the state dept and .MIL.

So yes, if you qualify, you have your own "private" Garand wholesale source available to you at 10 Garands a year.

So much for safeguarding these finite resources for future generations...

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #155

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I got lucky Friday and my Walmart was unpacking some ammo. They had 2 boxes of Winchester 40 so I got them both. A gun shop in Athens Ga has a good amount of most ammo at double and triple the price. I bought a shot gun and some ammo from them (12ga ammo still normal price).

Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #156

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMatt72
I got lucky Friday and my Walmart was unpacking some ammo. They had 2 boxes of Winchester 40 so I got them both. A gun shop in Athens Ga has a good amount of most ammo at double and triple the price. I bought a shot gun and some ammo from them (12ga ammo still normal price).
I just checked Walmarts web site and they are only showing shotgun ammo. Usually I'm able to check multiple stores for handgun ammo, but it's not showing crap for handgun or rifle.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #157

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I just checked Walmarts web site and they are only showing shotgun ammo. Usually I'm able to check multiple stores for handgun ammo, but it's not showing crap for handgun or rifle.
When I was in Walmart a few days ago the clerk explained that some calibers they have a real difficulty getting - she mentioned 40 as an example. But she said they do get other stuff in - you just have to be lucky, I guess, because people are gonna grab it up when they get the chance. It happened that I was there at about 10:00 PM.
They had just received some 30-06, 243, 270 - had a few boxes. No 38, 380, 357, 40, 45, 22, 22 Mag. Seems like the personal protection ammo is going very fast too - not just the 223.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #158

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Ammo shortage/Midway has stuff in, Full uppers with BCG

I just received my notice MIDWAY is shipping "back ordered" complete uppers with BCG, some ammo and some reloading powder. I'm headed to Cabela's in Allen, TX, if I find ammo or other hard to find items there, I'll post on this forum asap. I'll also check Academy.
I've decided to move on to shooting M1's and retire my AR for now. It can set in the safe and be at the ready if needed.
I did see a really nice COLT AR on gunbroker for sale today until about noon, it was holding at $1100.00. Probably go for twice that during last few hours of auction but who knows.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #159
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 39 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide View Post
I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!
You are kidding...right? I practice. less often than before. But I do and will continue to buy every single round of every calibre I shoot every chance I get!! Every time my dealer gets some cases in they're sold out almost instantly. I completely support ammo hoarding for a variety of reasons, most are common sense and for other resons I will not go into for obvious reasons!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #160

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
I just received my notice MIDWAY is shipping "back ordered" complete uppers with BCG, some ammo and some reloading powder. I'm headed to Cabela's in Allen, TX, if I find ammo or other hard to find items there, I'll post on this forum asap. I'll also check Academy.
I've decided to move on to shooting M1's and retire my AR for now. It can set in the safe and be at the ready if needed.
I did see a really nice COLT AR on gunbroker for sale today until about noon, it was holding at $1100.00. Probably go for twice that during last few hours of auction but who knows.
Got ammo due tomorrow from Midway- Posted here they had some 5 mins after i placed my order- 10mins later i was told gone again!
Academy here doesn't even display handgun ammo now-They just say they're out---- using the shelves for other junk

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Closed Thread