Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Oh yes, CF, the government buying up 1.6 billion rounds from the private sector while shoving an AWB has nothing to do with shortages

Lmao
Yep.

Just not laughing.

Especially since EVERY state with a left-leaning population is now flexing their muscles from mag bans to total surrender.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #132

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default ammo shortages

Guns, ammo, the prices will never recover. We shooters, on a retired military budget, I was enlisted 30yrs, can forget about affordable prices again. The only hope I've seen lately, is ODCMP putting restriction limits on their items, which by the way, have become gouged/scalped items as well. Lately, there has been people buying the 10 gun limit, which is too damn many, just to resale at the scalp prices. Same with the ammo they sell, fortunately, limit's are in place on it. I'm not saying people should have a limit on the amount of guns they own, but if you're not normally a gun dealer, then quit screwing your fellow shooters just to make a unethical dollar. Those kind of folks, people remember when things settle back down some, as the jerks that took advantage of their neighbors.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #133

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Guns, ammo, the prices will never recover. We shooters, on a retired military budget, I was enlisted 30yrs, can forget about affordable prices again. The only hope I've seen lately, is ODCMP putting restriction limits on their items, which by the way, have become gouged/scalped items as well. Lately, there has been people buying the 10 gun limit, which is too damn many, just to resale at the scalp prices. Same with the ammo they sell, fortunately, limit's are in place on it. I'm not saying people should have a limit on the amount of guns they own, but if you're not normally a gun dealer, then quit screwing your fellow shooters just to make a unethical dollar. Those kind of folks, people remember when things settle back down some, as the jerks that took advantage of their neighbors.
Glass half empty kinda guy huh?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #134

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 59

We are in a crisis situation, our government is turning against it's own people. We were all caught by surprise. I can't believe someone is actually whining because others are buying ammo. If you have a need to shoot frequently then save your damn brass, buy a reload system and load your own.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #135

Default ammo shortage

Hossfly, you say I'm a half empty glass kinda of guy and you know "Nothing" about me. Why do you want to go at me personally by making statements you know are rude, snide and sarcastic. Are you just trolling to get into some kind of "fuss"? You're comment/reply doesn't even have anything to do with the "Topic". It was just a poke at me.

Last edited by paul; 02-17-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: 1

Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #136

Liked 4450 Times on 2348 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine70 View Post
You want to understand the ammo shortage, just Google "government ammo purchase" and you'll be blown away by how many millions and millions of rounds Homeland Security has purchased this year. And unprecedented amount. Like a 30 year supply. And for ammo makers, guess who's contracts they must fill first? Do your own research. It is scary.
i just think we have it backwards. we arent in any real wars just political actions that dont need our soldiers dying. without us actually fighting a true world war or a real war against another nation, govt sales should only be filled when civilian demand is met. we the people are more important than they the government in times of peace.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Balota Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #137

I don't think anti's are buying up ammo. I'm sure it's us who's buying up the ammo. Was at a gun show the other day & a line was formed from the entrance to the rear where folks were asked what caliber they wanted & how many thousand. No chance to ask about brand or specifics on the ammo. Just how many you wanted of what caliber & they were charging you $1 ea for common rifle calibers. You were then handed your ammo.

The media has done a good job of making guns & ammo seem deplorable to the sheeple that watch mainstream outlets. I went to visit my 87 year old mom & my sister that lives with her extended her arm & handed me a box of 7.62x54R that she found left after my dad died a couple of years ago. She handed it to me like it was a rotten fish & asked me to get it out of there & that they didn't want any guns or ammo at the house.

This was not the feeling as I went thru my dads guns two years ago with them when he died & told them about hunting trips with each gun he & I had taken, re-loading together, range trips & I held the 9mm pistol my dad used to save his life from 5 guys that tried to rob him & they ended up shooting another guy & robbing him after my dad escaped the situation.

Right now lots of folks in the general populace have been made to feel very afraid of guns & ammo & that they should have nothing to do with them. I plan to continue what I've done for decades-keep taking new shooters to the range & organize group shoots with old shooting friends that invite other new shooters. I plan to do this as long as I can.

Last edited by JonM; 02-19-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added some paragraph breaks for readability

Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #138

Alliant used to make all the military contract ammo just a few years ago. Now the gubment is using 18 suppliers and some are even foreign. Don't know what they need all that ammo for.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #139

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Hossfly, you say I'm a half empty glass kinda of guy and you know "Nothing" about me. Why do you want to go at me personally by making statements you know are rude, snide and sarcastic. Are you just trolling to get into some kind of "fuss"? You're comment/reply doesn't even have anything to do with the "Topic". It was just a poke at me.
You make this statement
Quote:
Guns, ammo, the prices will never recover.
& say it has nothing to do with the topic?
You sure aren't what i'd call optimistic so yes- Your glass if half full--I try to keep mine at the half full mark (at least)-
Suck on your lemon - I'll make me some lemonade

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Balota Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #140

Default Ammo shortage

Hossfly, it's cool, you can have the last word with me. Even though it has nothing to do with "Ammo shortages".
From your last remark, which actually was kinda "witty", I believe you would be someone I'd enjoy visiting with. You have a great history of being "liked" here on the forum.

Closed Thread