Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Stopped by my local walmart this morning. I went back to sporting goods resigned to see the empty shelves and get my 3 boxes of oobuck. Much to my surprise they had 7.62x39. So I left with 3 boxes of tula fmj @ 5.17 each and felt like I got away with something.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #122

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Stopped by a Wal-Mart yesterday. No 45, 9mm, 380, 40, 38, 357, 44 mag, 22LR.
Surprisingly they had just gotten a little bit of 223 in and had a little bit of 30-06, 270, and 243...

Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Everyone blames the government about the ammo shortage. Yet manufacturers were shutting down plants during the Bush era. It has been over 15 years since anything but ammo with proprietary components has been manufactured in the US. Did the ammo companies cut production capabilities because Bush told them too? The ammo companies are using the far right media like a tool. Management reads forums like this and thinks "Fish On!"

It's old news that the AWB is dead in the water. Yet we still have threads about how to dodge the ban, should I hide my AR-15? Not to mention all the panic buying of magazines that is still raging. According to Vox Populi the magazine bill has a 4% chance of getting out of committee, less than a 1% chance of becoming a law.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #124

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
Everyone blames the government about the ammo shortage. Yet manufacturers were shutting down plants during the Bush era. It has been over 15 years since anything but ammo with proprietary components has been manufactured in the US. Did the ammo companies cut production capabilities because Bush told them too? The ammo companies are using the far right media like a tool. Management reads forums like this and thinks "Fish On!"

It's old news that the AWB is dead in the water. Yet we still have threads about how to dodge the ban, should I hide my AR-15? Not to mention all the panic buying of magazines that is still raging. According to Vox Populi the magazine bill has a 4% chance of getting out of committee, less than a 1% chance of becoming a law.
Oh yes, CF, the government buying up 1.6 billion rounds from the private sector while shoving an AWB has nothing to do with shortages

Lmao

Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #125

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm new to all this ammo stuff because I just bought my first gun on Feb 2nd and was actually pissed cause I couldn't find any ammo at all. Had the gun for a week and finally picked up 250 rounds of 380 Remington UMC 95 grain from a guy for $100 I didn't thing it was to bad?? But I also don't know what it was before this all started? On Thursday I picked up another 300 rounds for $135, 150 were FMJ and the rest were JHP and yet still not sure if I was screwed but I figure .40-.45 cents a round didn't seem bad cause I've seen people trying to sell it for .60 a round.
I also really can't buy the fact that people just buy ammo that don't own a firearm just to buy it so we can't have it???
And the golf ball thing, lmao I love to golf and now really love my gun ( 2very costly hobbies lol )
But you can buy all the balls you want and it won't bother us. Unless you suck so bad you lose a ball a hole and most people can use the same ball for all 18 holes plus hit one in the woods and find it plus 5 more. I wish I could turn my thousands of golf balls to ammo lol that would be awesome. ⛳

Old 02-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Oh yes, CF, the government buying up 1.6 billion rounds from the private sector while shoving an AWB has nothing to do with shortages

Lmao
Hey, dude I am not Chainfire. I am not stupid enough to pay to be ridiculed.

We are supposed to have the capacity in the United States to manufacture enough ammo to wage a full scale war. Not the police actions we have had lately, a full declared war. It takes a hell of a lot more ammo than a billion rounds to wage a full scale declared war.

Homeland security goes through millions of rounds each and every year just training police on the streets. That is not counting ammo they have in reserve in case of a terrorist action. So a billion rounds might last DHS a couple years. Porkchop, you must own a gun store with all the fear mongering you do.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie357 View Post
... I wish I could turn my thousands of golf balls to ammo lol that would be awesome. ⛳
Go buy a YUGO SKS or an AR: http://www.bloomautomatic.com/ (not an endorsement, there are other brands)
I'm pretty sure you can still find blank ammo to launch with.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #128

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

When do you think things will get back to normal, that you can walk into a store and by what you want?

Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #129

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by px4storm View Post
When do you think things will get back to normal, that you can walk into a store and by what you want?
I'm hearing somewhere around this coming December before we see this get any better.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #130

Likes Given: 2

What about components instead of Factory Loads, for pistol ammo a Dillon 650 with the bells and whistles will give you around 450 to 600 rounds an hour.
It's what I use and 15 to 20 minutes to change calibers... .357, 45 Colt, .45acp, 9mm

Geez just took a look at Starline Brass online order page..... forget I mentioned reloading they have almost nothing in stock and aren't even taking backorders.....

You guys are really screwed if you can't even get brass.... Hey that means I'm gonna be screwed too now where did I put that online order website for my supplier in Australia

Happy Hunting you guys
Cheers
Lazy Dave

Closed Thread