Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy! - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlx View Post
And you trust 20 year old ammo???
I'm guessing you've never shot military surplus ammo?

I've shot a lot - 20 years (or older?) and never had a problem

Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #112

Liked 1877 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcrona View Post
With all the ammo hoarding this is what it has come to.....Attachment 85122
Next up, semi-automatic vending machine ban.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #113

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

And you trust 20 year old ammo??? If I were you I wouldn't get it mixed up with your personal defense rounds.
Most surplus ammo is that old or even older like the above post says, just keep it stored right.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #114
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
And you trust 20 year old ammo??? If I were you I wouldn't get it mixed up with your personal defense rounds.
People still buy Russian WWII ammo in sealed cases and it works fine....so yes I trust it. My dad has rifle ammo that is more than 20 years old. Fires everytime and is always spot on. If it doesn't get wet, beaten or battered then it's fine.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #115

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A man.....

Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #116
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Old ammo? No such thing if it has been kept dry.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #117
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2360 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklarimore View Post
Do you people not realize that YOU are the reason for the shortage and therefore increased prices of the ammo? Being part of a lgs family I know that many of these dealers (at least my store) are not gouging the prices, they are setting them according to what the distributer's prices are. Simple economics, everyone buys all the ammo they can at the same time means demand is up supply is down so prices go up. Which is not necessarily a bad thing for the manufacturers who can produce 3/4 of what they did before and make more profit because of reduced cost. This ridiculousness will not stop until the pandemonium subsides and people quit paying these crazy prices. Then there will be no more orders going to the distributers, then no orders to the manufacturers until prices drop again. Like I said, simple economics.
What you're saying is true as far as it goes. But when most of the dealers simply don't have any ammo, people who want/need to buy are forced to go to the few that do. Some of THEM are running around town buying up stocks and selling at 2x or more. The situation is not quite as straightforward as Economics 101 suggests.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #118

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
What you're saying is true as far as it goes. But when most of the dealers simply don't have any ammo, people who want/need to buy are forced to go to the few that do. Some of THEM are running around town buying up stocks and selling at 2x or more. The situation is not quite as straightforward as Economics 101 suggests.
Econ 101 deals with normal market forces. Nothing normal market about government legislation against a product - or the threat of ...
Normal economic theory just doesn't apply when big brother steps in with his heavy hand.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #119
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2360 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Econ 101 deals with normal market forces. Nothing normal market about government legislation against a product - or the threat of ...
Normal economic theory just doesn't apply when big brother steps in with his heavy hand.
Also true. Threats by government can distort the market. So can speculative buying like a few dishonest dealers buying up the other stores stock to create a shortage.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #120
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Well, at this point, I'm almost ready to say all the dealers should just start charging $1 a round. That way, it is basically cost prohibitive to buy and the stocks can start to stabilize, which would in turn bring costs back down. The only ones buying would be the morons at those kinda prices. It sucks, but it seems that is what it is going to take at this point. In the last 90 days, my local range has only allowed sales of a small amount of 9mm for take home. Everything else is range use only. The other local stores that sell ammo have all raised prices so high I won't buy any. I'm not paying $1 a round for PMC. If people had any sense about them, they wouldn't either. Hell, yesterday I saw in the local pawn shop they were selling ziplock baggies with 20 rounds of literally no brand .223 for $16.99. The casings had what seemed like 3 random letters and 1 number stamped on them. I didn't even bother to remember what it was it looks so shoddy.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Closed Thread