Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-hoarding-driving-me-crazy-83114/)

Hightide 02-02-2013 01:40 AM

Ammo Hoarding Driving Me Crazy!

I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!

bluez 02-02-2013 01:44 AM

I agree.

I had a significant of Ammo before the buble hit.

I sold 3 cases since then to shooters to spread the wealth around and help create better SHTF resilience in our community.
Did I mark them up?
yes, but I didnt charge a buck a round either.

Renegade44 02-02-2013 02:57 AM

Not the same here. Shelves at LGS's are stocked ok (not full). Just came from the range (date night promo here). Probably 100 shooters.
Two boxes of ammo, targets, one lane (one hour) and 2 meals for 40.00 every Friday, Saturday night. Not to bad. I'll keep supporting them every other week.

ResidentialPyro 02-02-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade44 (Post 1119984)
Not the same here. Shelves at LGS's are stocked ok (not full). Just came from the range (date night promo here). Probably 100 shooters.
Two boxes of ammo, targets, one lane (one hour) and 2 meals for 40.00 every Friday, Saturday night. Not to bad. I'll keep supporting them every other week.

That sounds awesome. What is the name of the range?

Renegade44 02-02-2013 03:04 AM

Range USA. In Memphis. Perhaps other Range USA 's do it.

GeneralPatton 02-02-2013 04:36 AM

Around here the range has all caliber ammo, but they online sell for in range use, not for personal stock. I have about 3000 rounds of .223 on hand, but I still go and buy for range use. They charge $13.99 a box for Remington and Winchester brands they stock. However, contrary to your ranges, mine is slap full almost every time I go in there. Weekends are seeing 1-2 hours wait for a lane. What little bit of ammo the big box stores get has been put on quantity restriction, 1 box per person per day on .223 5.56 9mm 22lr and .45 Everything else is 3 box max, but if you get a box of any of the 1 box restrictions it count as 1 of the 3 allowed as well. Not to mention that people line up on Sat morning 1-2 hours before opening to snatch up whatever came in on Friday.

Hightide 02-02-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade44 (Post 1119997)
Range USA. In Memphis. Perhaps other Range USA 's do it.

Renegade, I may have to do a Memphis weekend! Sounds like you have a great range, ammo, Beale St. and Barbecue! Sounds like my idea of heaven!

AR10 02-02-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hightide (Post 1119860)
I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!

The people that don't plink, target practice, break glass, torment cans, perforate cardboard, or menace paper, should be buying out the ammo.

Why?

Because the users of ammo, are using it up. In a drought, do you water your lawn till the well runs dry?

Ammo, is what makes firearms go bang. If there is no ammo, there is no one to forcefully protect the things that need protecting.

Until the problem clears up, or the next civil war, get a rubber band gun to practice with.

bluez 02-02-2013 12:18 PM

In a civil war those of us who have plenty of it must and (I think will) share with others.

HOSSFLY 02-02-2013 12:37 PM

Oh crap- another forgot to put ammo on their shoppin list last month :eek: