Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo Gold? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-gold-81118/)

KimberFan 01-12-2013 09:20 PM

Ammo Gold?
 
Jeepers....I stopped in at my local Sporting Good Store and visited with the owner whom I've known for many years. In the short time of 40 minutes or so that we visited, 7 different people came in asking about the availability of .223 ammo. I know there's been a surge but I was very much taken back by that in such a short period. My friend told me its been that way for at least 2 weeks- everyday. He said it might be a good time to paint behind the shelves since they were so empty :) He also pointed to a bulletin board near the front of the store that actually had a few folks looking to trade/barter for reloading supplies too. It appears this might go on for awhile. I thought the Y2K spook was bad but this is turning out to be far worse now I think. I blew the dust off of a box of .280 CoreLokt and took it home with me for the ol' 1960 era Rem 7400.

Axxe55 01-12-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimberFan (Post 1090943)
Jeepers....I stopped in at my local Sporting Good Store and visited with the owner whom I've known for many years. In the short time of 40 minutes or so that we visited, 7 different people came in asking about the availability of .223 ammo. I know there's been a surge but I was very much taken back by that in such a short period. My friend told me its been that way for at least 2 weeks- everyday. He said it might be a good time to paint behind the shelves since they were so empty :) He also pointed to a bulletin board near the front of the store that actually had a few folks looking to trade/barter for reloading supplies too. It appears this might go on for awhile. I thought the Y2K spook was bad but this is turning out to be far worse now I think. I blew the dust off of a box of .280 CoreLokt and took it home with me for the ol' 1960 era Rem 7400.

it's pretty much nationwide as well. hopefully in a couple of months some of the hysteria will have subsided and things will return to a somewhat normal manner.

another 280 Rem. fan! i have a Ruger M77V in 280 (circa 1978) that is a pure pleasure to shoot. very accurate and enjoyable to reload for.

Muliemaster 01-12-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1090979)

it's pretty much nationwide as well. hopefully in a couple of months some of the hysteria will have subsided and things will return to a somewhat normal manner.

another 280 Rem. fan! i have a Ruger M77V in 280 (circa 1978) that is a pure pleasure to shoot. very accurate and enjoyable to reload for.

Its not as bad here in New Mexico mr axxe, but there is a slight increase in 223 sales both black guns an ammo. I picked up a bunch of cheap wolfe for 6.25 a box this morning. But we dont have the population out here that the big cities do so that helps.

c3shooter 01-13-2013 12:29 AM

Mulie- EVERY shop here in the Richmond VA area is at ZERO stock on AR type rifles and 5.56 ammo. Gun show 2 weeks ago, and another today sold OUT of 5.56 by 10:30. They are even buying ALL of the .22 ammo-

I stopped in one shop, when he asked me what I needed, and I said a box of .38 S&W, he almost cried- it WAS something he had. I have NEVER seen a buying panic like this. It is like they have just announced that the zombies are crossing the river into town NOW- and everyone that did not have a rifle is running out to buy one. They are even rationing primers to 1000 per customer.

Problem is not just that the shops are empty, but that the supply pipeline has been sucked dry.

Muliemaster 01-13-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1091124)
Mulie- EVERY shop here in the Richmond VA area is at ZERO stock on AR type rifles and 5.56 ammo. Gun show 2 weeks ago, and another today sold OUT of 5.56 by 10:30. They are even buying ALL of the .22 ammo-

I stopped in one shop, when he asked me what I needed, and I said a box of .38 S&W, he almost cried- it WAS something he had. I have NEVER seen a buying panic like this. It is like they have just announced that the zombies are crossing the river into town NOW- and everyone that did not have a rifle is running out to buy one. They are even rationing primers to 1000 per customer.

Problem is not just that the shops are empty, but that the supply pipeline has been sucked dry.

Thats a real bad deal C3 glad its not like that here. Im sure it will get worse here before to long but im good got plenty of powders, bullets, an brass. Damn people huh

Muliemaster 01-13-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1091124)
Mulie- EVERY shop here in the Richmond VA area is at ZERO stock on AR type rifles and 5.56 ammo. Gun show 2 weeks ago, and another today sold OUT of 5.56 by 10:30. They are even buying ALL of the .22 ammo-

I stopped in one shop, when he asked me what I needed, and I said a box of .38 S&W, he almost cried- it WAS something he had. I have NEVER seen a buying panic like this. It is like they have just announced that the zombies are crossing the river into town NOW- and everyone that did not have a rifle is running out to buy one. They are even rationing primers to 1000 per customer.

Problem is not just that the shops are empty, but that the supply pipeline has been sucked dry.

But a buddy of mine said it was bad in the metro areas like albuqurque

downsouth 01-13-2013 12:04 PM

Sportsmans Guide sent me an email for some close out winter wear. So just for chits & giggles I checked on some 7.62 x 39. I was shocked ! Back ordered until Sept. 2013. what ?

I think it was c3 said that the supply line is empty as well as stores. I think it is empty all the way to the sources in the ground.

You have to press add to cart to see the message about Sept 16 2013 availability.

http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=1123981&bi=67116

JWagner 01-13-2013 06:05 PM

In early December, I ordered some S&B .380 ammo from Sportsmans Guide and was told to expect shipment in mid-February. It arrived just before Christmas. It appears that they get conflicting info from their suppliers.

rjgnwdc 01-13-2013 06:15 PM

Ammo Gold...not the first time
 
Reminds me of the 2008/2009 ammo & gun rush (the 1st Obozo term):eek: I am perpared this time though... got plenty of everything:cool:

purehavoc 01-13-2013 06:20 PM

I stopped in at Walmart last night just to check. There was 3 boxes of .270, 4 boxes of .380 , a few boxes of high end 30.06 , some .22 shorts, a few different kinds of high end 12 ga sabots and a bunch of 12 ga bird shot. They have a very large display case that was essentially empty to my standards. Its bad here in central IL.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.