Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Ammo getting low at local shops! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ammo-getting-low-local-shops-40519/)

Bigcountry02 03-30-2011 05:19 AM

Ammo getting low at local shops!

I have noticed lately that specific ammo, i.e. .223, 9mm to name a few the ammo have been getting low in quantity and the best sellers. Today at Sprotsman's Warehouse had a ton of Tul Ammo from Russia, the steel cased in the 20 round packs for $4.99 each. I am staying away from this stuff; but, the HSM (Hunting Shack), Federal, Fiocchi, Remington, American Eagle Tactical are no where to be found.

Also, was getting the 500 bulk packs of HSM - have not seen one in a long while.

Has anyone else seeing the same in their local stores? Last online purchase I made, the UPS back has never the same!

doctherock 03-30-2011 05:30 AM

I went to Cabellas in Boise Idaho and they had a sh!t ton of ammo on sale. I picked up 500 rounds of steel cased ammo for the .223 for $125. They had 500 rounds of just about all the popular ammo out there.

mrm14 03-30-2011 05:34 AM

I havn't seen any shortage of ammo here in Cali.where I go to buy. It is a old established independent store from the early 1950's. Sportmans Whse. has had some pretty severe finicial problems not too long ago and I'm not totally sure that they are out of the woods with their finances. The one here nearly was closed last year because the store chain was cut off from alot of their suppliers. They seem to be better now but are still lacking in alot of needed inventory to keep going. And I don't just mean ammunition or gun related merchandise.

doctherock 03-30-2011 05:39 AM

The Sportsman's Warehouse in Nampa Idaho closed its doors. Wanted to go there too.

FaTmAn 03-30-2011 08:54 AM

I so miss living in Boise,ID graduated from Boise high in 98. I have lots of fond memory's of just walking about a halfmile out my front door and being able to shoot all i want with nothing in front of me or behind me and popping jackrabbits and rattle snakes with either my .22 or 4-10. Gander mtn always had the ammo i was looking for. Here in Mi there are about 4 places i go to get ammo and most of them have plenty of quality ammo.

spittinfire 03-30-2011 12:30 PM

bigcountry, if you need some 223 the local Dick's has shelves full of Remington 223 55gr for $6.99 for a box of 20. The 45 was $18.99 for a box of 50 and I didn't pay attention to the 9mm.
I don't like Dicks and don't usually go in there but I stumbled across those prices and those are Walmart prices(but walmart can't seem to find an 45). If you want some, let me know.

Bigcountry02 03-30-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 475729)
bigcountry, if you need some 223 the local Dick's has shelves full of Remington 223 55gr for $6.99 for a box of 20. The 45 was $18.99 for a box of 50 and I didn't pay attention to the 9mm.
I don't like Dicks and don't usually go in there but I stumbled across those prices and those are Walmart prices(but walmart can't seem to find an 45). If you want some, let me know.

Thanks!

I am fine, I usually grab a box here and there; but, it was just locally the good stuff is no where to be found. Sportsman's Warehouse has been getting some weird shipments in. They had bulk UMC .380 200 rounds. The long rifle ammo .270, 30-30, etc. the shelves are starting to bend from the weight!

Overkill0084 03-30-2011 06:00 PM

Call and ask when they get their deliveries. Sometimes you need to know when the stuff comes in to get what you need. Local Wal-mart, be there Wed Mornings. Sportsmans Warehouse, Tuesdays. My LGS is out of something different every time I go there. They just can't seem to stock enough ammo sometimes. I can't speak for other locales, but around here, everyone & their cat has been discovering (or rediscovering) shooting.

spittinfire 03-30-2011 06:52 PM

We've got 380 in bulk all over the place around here right now. It's weird.

Bigcountry02 03-30-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 475914)
Call and ask when they get their deliveries. Sometimes you need to know when the stuff comes in to get what you need. Local Wal-mart, be there Wed Mornings. Sportsmans Warehouse, Tuesdays. My LGS is out of something different every time I go there. They just can't seem to stock enough ammo sometimes. I can't speak for other locales, but around here, everyone & their cat has been discovering (or rediscovering) shooting.

Friday's they get the goodies!