Ammo for FTF Members
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo for FTF Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Default Ammo for FTF Members

It seems that our members are still hurting for ammo at different levels. Some have access to ammo, some can't find even a few boxes and some live too far away to be able to hunt store after store. I have access to ammo in limited quantities and would be willing to ship to those that are in truly dire straits.

This is NOT a business transaction between me and the members! I'm simply willing to pick it up and throw it in a UPS box. My supplier has boxed stuff (Winchester Lawman, Fiocci, Glaser PowerBall, etc) and new manufactured (Winchester brass) ammo that is Mylar bagged. He does have .22 LR, 36-grain Remington in limited quantities. Credit card payments accepted.

Most of the boxed stuff runs $20-30 for a box of 50. 22LR is around $8/100. If anyone is interested, please PM me. It won't be Wally World prices, but it won't gouge into your house payment, either! This is just a member favor to anyone strangled for ammo until normalcy returns. If I can help out, let me know.

I go shopping Saturday morning, so let me know before then to get it as soon as possible.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 08-08-2013 at 09:16 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Be careful where and how you ship ammo.

I don't need No stinking signature.

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Liked 391 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 1404

Good Idea Greg!

lets help out those in dire straits!

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Be careful where and how you ship ammo.
I hear ya! And thanks for the warning. Like I said, this isn't gonna be long term, just to relieve some forum members.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's very cool of you. I'd hate to see it bite you in the a$$.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Interesting idea. I actually thought about doing that for someone a few weeks ago. He posted about how he can never find... I forget the caliber. Something with "Jap" in it. 6.5 Jap? Anyway, I had seen it at my LGS a few days before his post. I mentioned it to him and he never said anything.

Do you plan on them paying for the shipping cost as well? That wasn't clear to me in your post. If not, you might wanna put a weight limit on it so you aren't eating too much in shipping costs.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

You'll have to make sure it ships as ammo and pay the fees accordingly.

On a similar note I made a pretty good order at powder valley for 9mm and 45 slugs. I don't know if anyone has used them before but they have components priced pretty well (for today pricing) and have some inventory. It looks to be a little scant but they had my order shipped in just over a week and one of my friends ordered at the same time. I got 3K 9mm slugs and 1.5K of 45.They are a little weird about not telling you what shipping was until they email the invoice but it was not too bad. 14.00 for a 52 lb delivery of slugs.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Interesting idea. I actually thought about doing that for someone a few weeks ago. He posted about how he can never find... I forget the caliber. Something with "Jap" in it. 6.5 Jap? Anyway, I had seen it at my LGS a few days before his post. I mentioned it to him and he never said anything.

Do you plan on them paying for the shipping cost as well? That wasn't clear to me in your post. If not, you might wanna put a weight limit on it so you aren't eating too much in shipping costs.
Yup, they pay for ammo and shipping cost, I charge nothing to do it. With any luck, I'll just get the ammo supplier to do the work, but if he won't or can't then ill take responsibility.

People shouldn't have to pay rediculous prices and have to hunt through dozens of stores and Internet sites just to stoke a gun.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7660 Times on 4165 Posts
Likes Given: 16060

Some states forbid certain types of ammunition (hollow point, for example.) Don't get yourself into trouble.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 08-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #10

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg
It seems that our members are still hurting for ammo at different levels. Some have access to ammo, some can't find even a few boxes and some live too far away to be able to hunt store after store. I have access to ammo in limited quantities and would be willing to ship to those that are in truly dire straits.

This is NOT a business transaction between me and the members! I'm simply willing to pick it up and throw it in a UPS box. My supplier has boxed stuff (Winchester Lawman, Fiocci, Glaser PowerBall, etc) and new manufactured (Winchester brass) ammo that is Mylar bagged. He does have .22 LR, 36-grain Remington in limited quantities. Credit card payments accepted.

Most of the boxed stuff runs $20-30 for a box of 50. 22LR is around $8/100. If anyone is interested, please PM me. It won't be Wally World prices, but it won't gouge into your house payment, either! This is just a member favor to anyone strangled for ammo until normalcy returns. If I can help out, let me know.

I go shopping Saturday morning, so let me know before then to get it as soon as possible.
I knew you were a great guy tekgreg