ammo coming. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > ammo coming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I think some of these comments show that the ammo shortage situation is not going to get better anytime soon. Here they are talking about grabbing all of the ammo they can when they see it on the shelves. Excuse me, isn't this what is happening right now? They are just going to increase the number of ammo grabbers out there.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #42

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
I think some of these comments show that the ammo shortage situation is not going to get better anytime soon. Here they are talking about grabbing all of the ammo they can when they see it on the shelves. Excuse me, isn't this what is happening right now? They are just going to increase the number of ammo grabbers out there.
If you read through each post BlueTurf, you will notice that many said, simply, that once normal inventories existed, they would begin to stock up....not that they were going to grab all. I buy 100 rounds of .40 cal. Per week...last week I stopped in an LGS that was hit really hard by this panic. I remember being in there not to long ago and they had literally 4 antique revolvers in a very large case along with empty ammo shelves...this time cases are restocked and ammo looking better (no .22) ..they had about two cases of FMJ and a couple of cases of JHP...more than they have had in a while. I had already purchased my goal for the week so I let these go to others who may be able to use them. If we "stock up" responsibly we should be ok.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #43

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
If you read through each post BlueTurf, you will notice that many said, simply, that once normal inventories existed, they would begin to stock up....not that they were going to grab all. I buy 100 rounds of .40 cal. Per week...last week I stopped in an LGS that was hit really hard by this panic. I remember being in there not to long ago and they had literally 4 antique revolvers in a very large case along with empty ammo shelves...this time cases are restocked and ammo looking better (no .22) ..they had about two cases of FMJ and a couple of cases of JHP...more than they have had in a while. I had already purchased my goal for the week so I let these go to others who may be able to use them. If we "stock up" responsibly we should be ok.
I agree that there are responsible ways of stocking up but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who are not doing it responsibly, respectfully or considerately. There are enough people doing this that it makes things difficult for the rest of us. We are talking about plain old greed here. I have talked with employees from four different ammunition retailers in this area and they all had the same story. They get regular supplies of ammunition and reloading components like usual and with each shipment there are lines of people waiting to snatch it from the shelves, the same people every time. Most of them are scalping it like concert tickets. Others are simply hoarding it out of fear it will not be available soon. This practice has forced the retailers to limit the quantities customers may purchase at one time. Walmart is down to one box per customer now and all ammunition must be paid for at the gun counter because people were stealing it. They no longer put the ammo out at the same time with each shipment. Sportsman's Warehouse is doing the same thing. People can talk about the government buying most of the ammunition but you can only go to the well so many times with that story. Plain old greed is to blame for much of the ammo availability situation we are experiencing. I personally believe this situation will be around for a long time, measured in years not months. I really do not intend to sound so negative but I am mightily discouraged by what I am seeing happen now. I have plenty of ammo because I responsibly stocked up years ago, but there are lots of shooters out there who will have trouble getting some.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #44

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

BlueTurf- I would agree with you in terms of Walmart. They are definitely having issues. In my town, the local Walmart stocks ammo at 7pm. Been there twice to see the spectacle and it is the same guys, more or less, everyday. However, I have several LGS in the area that have no problems keeping what I need....so I just quit trying at Walmart...they are not worth my time or effort. The only really scarce item in my area is the .22lr.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5715 Times on 3231 Posts
Likes Given: 5146

If you buy one extra box of 50 rounds each week, in a year, you will have 2,600 rounds "stockpiled."

If you're buying for a rifle, one box of 20 per week will give you 1,040 rounds in a year.

This isn't "hoarding" this is common sense.

After a few years, you're well prepared for the next shortage, And there will be one every few years., You can count on that.

Winston Churchill