ammo coming. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > ammo coming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

My LGS has plenty of ammo, except for 22lr. His prices aren't too bad, they've always been a bit high anyway even before the panic. The area Walmarts on the other hand have nothing but naked ammo shelves.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5744 Times on 3251 Posts
Likes Given: 5183

It's gonna take 3 or 4 months. But it will come back,

AND PLEASE, FOLKS, WHEN IT'S BACK TO NORMAL, STOCK UP THIS TIME.

Because the shortages will happen again, and again, and again......

Be prepared.

Winston Churchill
Mongo Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
It's gonna take 3 or 4 months. But it will come back,

AND PLEASE, FOLKS, WHEN IT'S BACK TO NORMAL, STOCK UP THIS TIME.

Because the shortages will happen again, and again, and again......

Be prepared.
When it comes back I am buying a round for everyone round I shoot. If I shoot 200 rounds I am buying 400 and storing half of it.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #14

Liked 2465 Times on 1600 Posts

270 and shotgun has been plentiful in my area, anything else is way overpriced. If it is normally priced like wally world, the shelves are bare. Of course, I've bought the last three years since the last drought.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #15

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have found a couple of LGS that I can regularly purchase ammo from.... 22 still tough to find though.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9988 View Post

When it comes back I am buying a round for everyone round I shoot. If I shoot 200 rounds I am buying 400 and storing half of it.
Its mentalities like that which make

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrow175 View Post
I honestly don't think ammo is going to just fly back on to the shelves, especially at normal prices. In this situation there are the three groups of poeple, buyers before,during and after. Guys who bought before were prepared and ready, most likely didn't buy during the madness, and will continue to sit until things get better. Guys who bought during the madness paid too much and now are trying to get what money they can back. The last group are the ones who are going to keep the shortage rolling. These are the " once things get better I'm going to stock up" kinda guys. These guys couldn't afford th e inflated prices, but they will eat up everything they can once things get somewhat normal. Not only that, think about all the new glock and ar15 owners out there, that bought up during all this madness. Every last one of them are going to be looking for regular priced food for those guns. I just don't think things will smooth out in such little time, but we will see
Completely and 100% true.

Please, everyone, for the love of God, don't fall into this mentality when rounds start coming back on the shelves!

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5744 Times on 3251 Posts
Likes Given: 5183

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post

Please, everyone, for the love of God, don't fall into this mentality when rounds start coming back on the shelves!
Right. Don't clean the shelves. But buy one or two EXTRA boxes every time you buy ammo. And in a year or so you will have a regular "war reserve."

Winston Churchill

Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Or you know, some people could always get together and start up a new ammo manufacturing business. I can only assume that the machinery to make primers, bullets, and cases is probably expensive (so don't look at me for capital) but it's an idea. More competition right?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #19

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Right. Don't clean the shelves. But buy one or two EXTRA boxes every time you buy ammo. And in a year or so you will have a regular "war reserve."
Thats what i started doing the FIRST time monkey boy came to "town" ---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'm well stocked up right now. Not hoarder level but I could shoot for quite awhile without running out. I am low on CCI Mini-Mags and when supplies do get back to normal levels I will be looking for factory hollow point self defense ammo. Maybe a few boxes of factory 9mm, .45 and .223 to put in an ammo can to supplement my reloads.

On the reloading supplies, I have about 20,000 primers and 30lbs of various powders that I've bought in the past couple months. I would like to put in a stash of 10,000 primers per style not including magnum and then have at least 10lbs of each of my 5-6 commonly used powders. I would then plan to replace what I use and leave the stash intact.