Ammo Availability
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ammo Availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Ammo Availability

Several days ago i went to a guns shop, I use to frequent. The shelves were stuffed, with every kind of ammo, one could want except .348 Winchester.
The prices were insane. Price gouging at it's worse. A couple of other places have bulging shelves.
However the surviving stores for ammo, in many are is Walmart.
Why is it if you want ammo, in these areas, you have to be one of the wo or three first to the service counter at 7:00, or 8:00 or whenever, if the truck comes in, or in tight with someone with Walmart.
Clearly the supply, of ammo ,is not that short ,just the availabilty to the public by some other mechanism. WalMart can obtain whatever it wants to sell??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2134 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 3244

Quote:
Why is it if you want ammo, in these areas, you have to be one of the wo or three first to the service counter at 7:00, or 8:00 or whenever, if the truck comes in, or in tight with someone with Walmart.
The scalpers are in cahoots with the gun counter guys at Wal Mart and other stores. Counter guys have told others and myself they have no .22 ammo. Then the local scalper shows up and ammo magically appears.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2011 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
The scalpers are in cahoots with the gun counter guys at Wal Mart and other stores. Counter guys have told others and myself they have no .22 ammo. Then the local scalper shows up and ammo magically appears.
Aint right but I dont imagine Walmart pays their employees that much and they are supplementing their income. If Walmart cared, they would bring in a "new hire" and catch the people doing the black market sales. Fired and when word gets out it would stop.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2011 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Target Sports has some ammo at decent prices and some at great prices. Remington 12 gauge 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 buck 250 round case delivered for $150. That is 60 cents a round.
http://www.targetsportsusa.com/default.aspx

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i dont even bother w/ walmart ammo anymore. 22lr is no existent and any other popular calibers can be purchased online cheaper. but if you are intent on finding 22lr, brassbadger.com is a great tool.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

edit: and also ammo-can.net. that site is pretty good locating WM ammo as well.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1664 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 587

www.ammoseek.com and www.gunbot.net both work very well for me.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #8

Liked 118 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 142

I am no longer having difficulty getting centerfire ammo...even if my Walmart does not have it one particular day, another store or another day and I can find it. .22 ammo is another story...my wife and I bought two 50 round boxes each of .22 lr last Sunday at a Bass Pro, but it was just luck that the guy behind the counter had one brick and was selling limited boxes and I just happened to be there at the right time. The .22 ammo is out there, but you have to be there when they put it out as it is snapped up immediately. Same story of the same guys hanging out at the counter every day of every week snapping it up....if I had a choice, I would stop doing business with stores that tolerate/allow this...all you have to do is vary the time ammo is on the shelf and the scalpers would have to compete with the rest of us. I saw a you tube video of a WalMart ee charging $2 a text for information as to when the ammo was going on the shelf...this will change eventually and I will carry a few extra bricks when it does because in time, this will repeat.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

widowmaker Likes This