Aguila ammo
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Aguila ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Aguila ammo

Was looking to get some ammo for a class in Sept. Saw this Aguila but have no experience with it? Any thoughts from those who have used it? Thanks in advance.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #2

Made in Mexico in a factory set up by Remington. Not particular quality or clean firing. Centerfire brass often has off center flash holes.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 AM   #3

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

There ok for range time

Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 AM   #4

Yeah, when I saw they were made in Mexico, I kinda had my doubts about the quality. Thanks for the input.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-31-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I won't use it, it's really dirty stuff.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #6

I have my first handgun - an XD45. I picked up 1000 rounds of Aguila ammo about a month ago and have gone through about 300-350 rounds of it thus far. Yeah, it's kinda dirty, but any accuracy problems I might have are still 99% operator fault.

No FTF's or FTE's with it yet.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like their rimfire ammo, as they make some oddball 'niche' loads that suit certain uses I have.
.22 Colibri and Super Colibri 'primer-only- loads for close-up training, ball park sight adjustment in the house (unless you are married...), small critter dispatching.
.22 Super Maxximum - fastest .22LR load made. Not the most accurate, but DEATH on small critters up to 100 yards. Keeps you from needing a .22WMR rifle.
.22SSS - heavy 60 grain low-velocity load - fairly quiet and great for thumping small vermin. Excellent "Whompability Factor" to quote a buddy.

Aguila uses the Eley priming compound - some folks don't like the smell, but I do.

I have not yet used their centerfire ammo.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #8

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

So I'm gonna revive this thread because today my .40 sigma saw some Aguila for the first time. This is also the first time it has ever had a feeding issue on brass casings (hates Tula). It wasn't a feed ramp issue, every time it jammed the nose of the bullet was pushed down and hitting the front edge if the mag. All I would have to do is pull the slide back a little, the cartridge would angle up and feed fine. I wasn't rapid firing either. Wondered why I was having this issue because I never have before so I broke down the mag and cleaned it up, same thing.... Ammo issue? Mag spring issue? I think I'm gonna buy some blazer and federal, try them out. Wwb seams inaccurate in my gun and it's dirty. Umc is dirty as well and I'm not a fan of sj bullets anyways. Tula is a losing battle n the sigma. Even though i love it, maybe I'm expecting too much out of a 350$ gun? Maybe i just haven't found a brand of ammo it likes. Opinions?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1195 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 495

Works great in my RIA and Colt 9mm 1911's. My Sig 938 is fond of Aguila, too.

The LGS's in my area say the brass is well thought of by reloaders.

YMMV

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #10

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbch View Post
I have my first handgun - an XD45. I picked up 1000 rounds of Aguila ammo about a month ago and have gone through about 300-350 rounds of it thus far. Yeah, it's kinda dirty, but any accuracy problems I might have are still 99% operator fault.

No FTF's or FTE's with it yet.
We must have gotten our XD 45 and the ammo at the same time. I too have about 300 rounds of the 1000 I bought fired without any problems and since I am not a bullseye shooter, accuracy was actually quite good.