Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 9mm parabellum Hirtzenburger L7A1 ball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default 9mm parabellum Hirtzenburger L7A1 ball

Ok so I've been doing some research on the different ballistics from commercial and surplus 9 para ammo.
This ammo keeps popping up and has piqued my curiosity-

Hirtzenburger L7A1.

Apparently,it was made in Austria for the Brits.

And it also has a BATFE warning that its 'too high pressure' for handguns.

In fact,everywhere I look,people are reposting this warning all over the place -but also- people are talking about running hundreds of rounds of this stuff in modern pistols,without any problems.

What it comes down to is this-

Has anyone ACTUALLY HAD a ka-BOOM! because of L7A1 Hirtzenburger ammo being fired in a modern pistol chambered in 9mm parabelleum?

If you have,I'd love to hear about it or even see pictures-because despite the BATFE warning,I have yet to read of any actual EVIDENCE that this stuff causes catastrophic failure of handguns.

Maybe its living a little on the edge,it being some seriously high pressure stuff-but what about ka-BOOMs?

Urban legend supported by typical fed-gov overreaction,or reality?

Anyone?

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I believe it's a hot load, best for subguns.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #3

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Right,thats what I hear-and that people shouldnt be using this load for pistols.

But has anyone actually ever had a pistol damaged,and/or God forbid-suffered actual injury themselves,because of this particular cartridge?

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%