Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 9mm loaders watch out

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChuckD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 223
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default 9mm loaders watch out

Hey guys,

I was preping some 9mm cases last night and had a situation were the decaping pin was pulled out of the die. I narrowed it down to a Sellers and Ballot case labled "S&B 9x19 NONTOX 07". I found another one in my collection and the hole where the primer punch goes through is smaller then the other brass. Figure most of yawl know about this but would through it out there just incase it can provent an frustrating night of reloading.

Chuck D

__________________
ChuckD is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Thanks for the information. The only S&B cases I've delt with are 38 Special and 357 but I didn't have any problems.

__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 98
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
Hey guys,

I was preping some 9mm cases last night and had a situation were the decaping pin was pulled out of the die. I narrowed it down to a Sellers and Ballot case labled "S&B 9x19 NONTOX 07". I found another one in my collection and the hole where the primer punch goes through is smaller then the other brass. Figure most of yawl know about this but would through it out there just incase it can provent an frustrating night of reloading.

Chuck D
Not to change the subject but I have to ask. I often see advertisements for ammo that says once reloaded brass. How can that be proved?
__________________
sigp250 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
Not to change the subject but I have to ask. I often see advertisements for ammo that says once reloaded brass. How can that be proved?
It can't. brass I've fired twice looks the same and if cleaned properly it looks like new. If you reload, always inspect your brass before using.
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 98
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
It can't. brass I've fired twice looks the same and if cleaned properly it looks like new. If you reload, always inspect your brass before using.
Thats what I figured. Maybe they mean, Only once reloaded by us but may have been reloaded three times by someone else.

I have never tried reloading but think it could be fun. I would want to get started in a small way. I have seen single caliber starter kits for the casual reloader. What do you think? What caliber is used for small pistol primers? What caliber is used for large pistol primers?
__________________
sigp250 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: rural KS
Posts: 382
Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
Not to change the subject but I have to ask. I often see advertisements for ammo that says once reloaded brass. How can that be proved?
Can't be proven..... Even if it says, "ONLY once reloaded" you can't be sure. I've loaded a lot of 9mm once............and then again, and then again.........
__________________
TimKS is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
speed loaders collier281 Semi-Auto Handguns 1 02-02-2010 12:24 AM
speed loaders collier281 Ammunition & Reloading 0 01-31-2010 09:27 PM
WTS: HKS speed loaders Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 0 08-25-2009 02:11 PM
Speed loaders pioneer461 Revolver Handguns 3 10-22-2008 08:27 AM
Speed Loaders hillbilly68 Revolver Handguns 9 02-25-2008 02:06 PM