9mm availability - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 9mm availability

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bbertram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland,mi
Posts: 220
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default

I see lots of 9mm ammo in the Austin area on Armslist. Problem is, they want 20-30 bucks a box. That's true most places. I'm selling 4 boxes of 9mm for $15 a box in Michigan, but not many people selling in that price range. You're probably NOT going to find ammo at the nearest Hardware store these days.

__________________
bbertram is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bbertram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland,mi
Posts: 220
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1328413/austin-texas-ammo-for-sale--5--100-round--boxes-of-federal-115-gr--fmj
__________________
bbertram is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,541
Liked 3213 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2282

Default

thanks....but this is just starting to get damn old.....buying some ammo for the range shouldn't be a freakin scavenger hunt....i have honestly almost given up & am having thoughts of engaging another hobby for a year or so...in hopes this BS might be over by then...

i have a friend who had just gotten seriously into shooting and firearms...he doesn't even talk about it much anymore....he's sick of it also.

again, archery or perhaps a crossbow might be my next endeavor....

__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
thanks....but this is just starting to get damn old.....buying some ammo for the range shouldn't be a freakin scavenger hunt....i have honestly almost given up & am having thoughts of engaging another hobby for a year or so...in hopes this BS might be over by then...

i have a friend who had just gotten seriously into shooting and firearms...he doesn't even talk about it much anymore....he's sick of it also.

again, archery or perhaps a crossbow might be my next endeavor....
Or reloading. That way you're effectively fueling both hobbies. (If you can find the components).
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,541
Liked 3213 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2282

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
Or reloading. That way you're effectively fueling both hobbies. (If you can find the components).
or bullets. or brass. or powder. lol!

i know you're right, but reloading just ain't in the near future for me.
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

or bullets. or brass. or powder. lol!

i know you're right, but reloading just ain't in the near future for me.
Yeah, can't say I really blame you. I'm fully setup to reload in my current caliber of choice (9mm) and am having a tough time finding bullets, primers, and powder. Cases are pretty easy online, but the others are a bit harder. I think they're easier to find than actual ammunition, though.

However, just think of this... If you were to get started reloading, and could find components... You could keep shooting.... OR you could reload at your own pace and just not shoot, thereby giving you a huge stock to shoot when you come back to it. Just sayin. But again, that's if you can find the stuff...
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,840
Liked 7163 Times on 3969 Posts
Likes Given: 6917

Default

It, and all of the others, will; be back in quantity at normal prices in a few months./

This has happened several times before, and it will happen again.

Don't allow your choice of a gun to be influenced by a temporary condition.

__________________
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

locutus is offline  
hawkguy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,541
Liked 3213 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2282

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
It, and all of the others, will; be back in quantity at normal prices in a few months./

This has happened several times before, and it will happen again.

Don't allow your choice of a gun to be influenced by a temporary condition.
you are right, of course. i'm just a bit disgusted with it at the present time. these popular calibers aren't necessarily easy to find (at a good price) when time are good. now, if i'm lucky enough to find it, i normally refuse to be completely ripped off...

i have only been in the hobby seriously for the last 6-7 years, and there have been many ammo droughts during that period.

but do you ever recall one as bad as this one?
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,840
Liked 7163 Times on 3969 Posts
Likes Given: 6917

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
you are right, of course. i'm just a bit disgusted with it at the present time. these popular calibers aren't necessarily easy to find (at a good price) when time are good. now, if i'm lucky enough to find it, i normally refuse to be completely ripped off...

i have only been in the hobby seriously for the last 6-7 years, and there have been many ammo droughts during that period.

but do you ever recall one as bad as this one?


1994 was worse. A HELLUVA lot worse.
__________________
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jimogden1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 863
Liked 332 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

1994 was worse. A HELLUVA lot worse.
I was 10 years old in 94...this is the worst I've even been through
__________________
jimogden1984 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ammo Availability opsec Legal and Activism 6 01-16-2013 07:16 PM
KEL TEC KTS Availability? Matijams General Shotgun Discussion 2 11-26-2011 03:50 PM
Current Availability: diggsbakes AK & SKS Discussion 3 06-23-2011 04:31 PM
.223 VS 7.62x39 availability HawkI Ammunition & Reloading 13 11-07-2010 12:06 AM
AR-15 Lower availability Yunus AR-15 Discussion 17 07-02-2010 11:22 AM