9mm 50G HP

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 9mm 50G HP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default 9mm 50G HP

I saw this Ammo in a gun store yesterday!! Super light, super fast!! I carry standard shelf ammo in my 9mm that feeds fine, 125g FMJ!! Should I tote expensive "defense ammo in my weapon or is range ammo decent enough?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

This is the far end of the light/fast vs heavy/slow argument. Super light bullets like this will expand very violently, but is VERY likely to UNDERPENETRATE. This can, and likely will, fail to penetrate deeply enough to reach vital organs, especially on a larger target or one wearing heavy clothing.

I would not recommend this ammunition for defensive carry

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
This is the far end of the light/fast vs heavy/slow argument. Super light bullets like this will expand very violently, but is VERY likely to UNDERPENETRATE. This can, and likely will, fail to penetrate deeply enough to reach vital organs, especially on a larger target or one wearing heavy clothing.

I would not recommend this ammunition for defensive carry
I thought better and bought federal 115HP! I have Ruger compact 9 and a Ruger full size 9! Both weapons should eat this ammo with no problem correct?? And for my 357 I chose federal 125HP defense ammo!! And if I waisted 65 bucks on 60 rounds, I need not know about it!! Lol

Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

I thought better and bought federal 115HP! I have Ruger compact 9 and a Ruger full size 9! Both weapons should eat this ammo with no problem correct?? And for my 357 I chose federal 125HP defense ammo!! And if I waisted 65 bucks on 60 rounds, I need not know about it!! Lol
380 I carry 90G FMJ for a little more penetration

Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Your end ammo choices are good ones brother. I would stay away from the 50 gr stuff. Just my opinion. Here's a good video about a ballistic gelatin test with that stuff:

Always have clean socks.