8mm and 9mm vs 10mm - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 8mm and 9mm vs 10mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You can go ahead and use 10mm ill use 45acp, 40s&w, or 9mm I'm just more sure that after a self defense situation in a crowded area that I'm going home after not in jail. I'm not the soil chooser of self defense ammo I just know what's more suitable for a given situation.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #22

Liked 685 Times on 346 Posts
Likes Given: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjessup View Post
why use a round made for penetration, power, and longer distance and limit it with a frangible round. At that point you will weaken the bullet to the same ballistics on impact as a regular 40 S&W with less recoil for a faster follow up shot because regardless of how fast or large the round is if you are not able to get a percise shot on the first round then whats the point. If the perp your trying to take down is shooting a 9mm not only does he have way less recoil, faster more accurate follow up shots, he also has a larger magazine. So why use a 10mm for a everyday carry? This is modern day powders and projectiles have come a long way, for example look up brass fetchers 6-7 phase 9mm vs 45acp evaluations of modernday factory self defence rounds on YouTube. You will be surprised what great information came out of his studies.
WOW, that's some kinda..., I duno, but that's somethin. I'll have to remember not to remember that. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #23

I choose 10mm in SD gun and I agree my followup shots are slower than
with 9mm but the thing is, I have decided that my first shot no matter
what gun is going to have the same accuracy. The only thing is
that with the 10mm, there is a far less chance for the need of
followup shots. I am aware of pass through dangers and that is
why I use explosive hollow points.
Not only that, but if I miss, the extra loud boom and flash of 10mm will stun
the bad guy so I can do some Kung Fu on him :-)

Old 03-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #24

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjessup
why use a round made for penetration, power, and longer distance and limit it with a frangible round. At that point you will weaken the bullet to the same ballistics on impact as a regular 40 S&W with less recoil for a faster follow up shot because regardless of how fast or large the round is if you are not able to get a percise shot on the first round then whats the point. If the perp your trying to take down is shooting a 9mm not only does he have way less recoil, faster more accurate follow up shots, he also has a larger magazine. So why use a 10mm for a everyday carry? This is modern day powders and projectiles have come a long way, for example look up brass fetchers 6-7 phase 9mm vs 45acp evaluations of modernday factory self defence rounds on YouTube. You will be surprised what great information came out of his studies.
So pretty much everyone should carry a .22LR since you can have huge magazine capacities, no recoil which directly would apply to better accuracy then and could get more shots on target and not worry about over penetration

Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

So pretty much everyone should carry a .22LR since you can have huge magazine capacities, no recoil which directly would apply to better accuracy then and could get more shots on target and not worry about over penetration
If your coming into an argument please do it with some thought of reason not some ridiculous statement that you have put forth as a joke. We're at least discussing this matter with reason not with time waisting comments like this.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjessup View Post
You can go ahead and use 10mm ill use 45acp, 40s&w, or 9mm I'm just more sure that after a self defense situation in a crowded area that I'm going home after not in jail. I'm not the soil chooser of self defense ammo I just know what's more suitable for a given situation.
By this logic, wouldn't a .380acp in hollow point be the optimal, ain't-gonna-overpenetrate or ricochet far, SD round for use in crowds?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

By this logic, wouldn't a .380acp in hollow point be the optimal, ain't-gonna-overpenetrate or ricochet far, SD round for use in crowds?
Now now, I just got a tongue lashing because I figured a .22LR would be optimal as well since it wouldn't over penetrate either but apparently it wasn't a logical statement
Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #28

Quote:

If your coming into an argument please do it with some thought of reason not some ridiculous statement that you have put forth as a joke. We're at least discussing this matter with reason not with time waisting comments like this.
I'm just going off what you were saying was advised with your expert opinion...

Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I'm just going off what you were saying was advised with your expert opinion...
I would just like to know what is your experience with firearms?

Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #30

Quote:

I would just like to know what is your experience with firearms?
I've been shooting for 14 years, owned a multitude of different firearms, sold firearms and live in a family of LEOs and military. I'm not saying I'm an expert on anything and am not getting into a pissing contest with you about it. But from what you had said, a .22LR is a perfect choice since it won't over penetrate anything except paper or an empty can or something..