Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 7.62x54r Bulgarian Berdan / Brown Bear Boxer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 7.62x54r Bulgarian Berdan / Brown Bear Boxer

Gents,

I have an M44 Mosin Nagant. It is a lot of fun to own and shoot, and show off and stuff.

For antelope season (starting Oct 1), I plan to take it out west. This is not my antelope & mule deer gun, I have some other gear for that. But for prairie dog, and plinking, I figured I might break this old piece out and give it the go that it is itching for.

AMMO: I have Bulgarian light ball (157 gr I think), Berdan primed. But with the Berdan, I figured I'd be under too much pressure to clean up the gun right away. So I bought a load of Brown Bear 157 gr. Boxer primed rounds.

Got the lighter ammo because of the distance we're firing in Wyoming. 300/400/500 yards.

Your expert opinions on this - what am I in for, what are experiences?

Also, finally found tracers for this gun on http://ammunitiontogo.com/. The weight of the bullet is not spec'd, but if I can get the tracers in 157gr, that should be a help - no?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

well hell..... now I like the M44 and can hit regular with it at 100 yards easy but those ranges your talking with this gun I dont think you got a chance in he77 of hitting much, as for the plinking..... go for it.