7.62 39 steel core ammunition is it legal?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 7.62 39 steel core ammunition is it legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default 7.62 39 steel core ammunition is it legal?

Hi I found some Chinese steel core ammunition for sale and I wanted to know whether or not I could own it in my state which is CT. I know I could just easily call up the state or local agencies but everytime I've ever had to deal with them I'm made to feel the fool and the way they act today I don't know whether or I'll be marked. Sounds like paranoid nonesense I know but I just don't trust them. Could someone tell me or steer me in the right direction for this. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Use a payphone, don't give out any personal information and don't stay on the line any longer than 120 seconds. Still paranoid?

All Chinese steel core ammo was banned from import back in 1994 from Clinton. Any ammo found now is "grandfathered" and can be sold or shot by the current owners here in the U. S. or sold, but again, I do not know if it is legal to own, ship, purchase or shoot in your state.

Try here......NRA-ILA

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #3

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDDLEHEADSTEW View Post
Hi I found some Chinese steel core ammunition for sale and I wanted to know whether or not I could own it in my state which is CT. I know I could just easily call up the state or local agencies but everytime I've ever had to deal with them I'm made to feel the fool and the way they act today I don't know whether or I'll be marked. Sounds like paranoid nonesense I know but I just don't trust them. Could someone tell me or steer me in the right direction for this. Thanks.
In NJ...no steel core or AP ammo permitted; hell we can't even use hollow points. Legality is state by state your results may vary. If you do not want to call state police call a local gun shop, they will know.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington