Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 50% off ammo sale.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default 50% off ammo sale.....

Got your attention......good.......

Just got the paper today and there is a Dicks Sporting Goods flyer in it that has a coupon in it that says..........

BUY ONE...GET ONE 50% OFF FOR AMMO -- 6 BOX LIMIT -- COUPON VALID FRIDAY 11/27 -- 5AM to 2PM ONLY

I thought I would post this if anyone has a Dick,s Sporting Goods near them. Get the newspaper and check out the flyer.

I got 2 flyers/coupons

"magbum"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8321 Times on 3598 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

FWIW, last year, local Dick's declared that same coupon was for "Buy one, get one 50% off" So it is not really for half off, but 25% off. Sounded rather lame to me, but that is how the computer was processing it. May still be a good deal if ammo prices are high where you are.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, I realize it would be 25% off of 2 boxes since you have to buy 2 boxes. Buy one at full price then when you buy the second box the 50% off the second box translates to 25% off of the total $$ amount of both boxes.

Put it another way. I use handgun ammo and if it is $20 a box then I pay $20 for the first box and $10 for the second box (at 50% off) so I pay a total of $30 instead of $40 and save $10 on the 2 boxes.......................now if I buy 4 boxes it would be $60 instead of $80 so I would save $20. Then that is like buying 3 boxes and getting 1 box free.

I'm going over there and see what they got. Caliber availability is another thing. I'll see if they have 4 boxes of what I want. So it all depends on what they have and what you need.

It might be worth checking out. So that's why I posted this to try and save anyone some money on ammo. There's not too many ammo sales I know of anyway.

OC

"magbum"

Old 11-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #4

Of note. I have not seen any ammo of interest at Dicks in months.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter girl View Post
Of note. I have not seen any ammo of interest at Dicks in months.
My local dicks has just about everything but they are proud of it. $50 for WWB/100rds. $21 for UMC/50 rounds. both 45ACP.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer