Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > .50 cal bmg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .50 cal bmg

I just purchased a Barrett M95 and wanted to know what the most accurate and reliable ammo is. I've just been using the Barrett brand ammo and i wanted to know if it was inferior but ammo for it is too expensive to just do trial and error with every brand, so I thought I'd get a short list from you guys to use as a guideline.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #2

yes i reload mine is cheaper and you can make better loads than you can buy but its not to bad if you start out with a lee press and dies and a Lyman trimmer

Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #3

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrvincent
I just purchased a Barrett M95 and wanted to know what the most accurate and reliable ammo is. I've just been using the Barrett brand ammo and i wanted to know if it was inferior but ammo for it is too expensive to just do trial and error with every brand, so I thought I'd get a short list from you guys to use as a guideline.
Not much into the .50 bmg. Only bc it is way to expensive. I would look into what fmj the military is using in the m107. And see if it is available for civilian use.

I would love to have a m107 tho. One day, one day