5.7 x 28

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 5.7 x 28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 5.7 x 28

Not sure if this is the right place to put this question, so please move if necessary.

Was watching some videos on the 5.7 x 28 round, and I'm curious if anyone has any personal experience with it? I'm mostly wondering what it's capabilities are as a defensive round, if it has an advantage over another similar round (I am under the impression that it uses the same caliber bullet as 5.56 x 45??) and uses of the round (hunting, SD, long range, etc)

What say you?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

All I know is that it's supposed to be a screamin' fast round.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This Wikipedia article is quite well packed with basic info about it...

5.7x28mm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the link, but I did check out the Wiki article. I'm looking for more hands-on reviews from anyone. Maybe even some opinions.

For instace, it was developed partially as a potential replacement to 9 x 19. Does it live up to that role? I was noticing that there was hardly any recoil when people shot the FN Five-Seven.