5.45x39


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 5.45x39

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 57
Likes Given: 1

Default 5.45x39

I am having trouble finding different types of 5.45x39 ammo. I have become aware that there are a few types made specifically for armor piercing, the types I am referring to are 7N22 and 7N24. Does anyone have any idea where I can pick either of these two types up? Input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!



__________________
Carry to Protect
Protect your right to Carry
Hlander is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 57
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlander View Post
I am having trouble finding different types of 5.45x39 ammo. I have become aware that there are a few types made specifically for armor piercing, the types I am referring to are 7N22 and 7N24. Does anyone have any idea where I can pick either of these two types up? Input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!
No info?!?!?!?


__________________
Carry to Protect
Protect your right to Carry
Hlander is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,657
Liked 5744 Times on 3001 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Default

rguns in illinoise has em.

http://www.rguns.net/ammo.shtml

maybe some vendors here too. not sure tho.

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,108
Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Default

I don't think they can imort the AP from an eastern block country. I could be wrong. I don't think the 7N6 is AP

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 57
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I don't think they can imort the AP from an eastern block country. I could be wrong. I don't think the 7N6 is AP
You are correct, 7N6 is not an AP round.
__________________
Carry to Protect
Protect your right to Carry
Hlander is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,016
Liked 719 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Default

Why would you need AP in 5.45? There is no mass weight to punch the hole!

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 57
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Why would you need AP in 5.45? There is no mass weight to punch the hole!
There is no need what so ever, I just want it. Luckily we live in a place where we do not need something to want it.
__________________
Carry to Protect
Protect your right to Carry
Hlander is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,438
Liked 5827 Times on 3294 Posts
Likes Given: 5307

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlander View Post
There is no need what so ever, I just want it. Luckily we live in a place where we do not need something to want it.

[B]
The following is personal opinion
[/B
Unless you have an urgent need for something that the government considers politically incorrect, It's best to be circumspect in looking for it.

Anyone in the world can read these forums.

We currently have a bitterly anti-gun government. They can find anything on the internet that's there.

Be careful what you're looking for on google, because there are people looking for you, if you're trying to find items that "they" don't believe you need.
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 57
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
[B]
The following is personal opinion
[/B
Unless you have an urgent need for something that the government considers politically incorrect, It's best to be circumspect in looking for it.

Anyone in the world can read these forums.

We currently have a bitterly anti-gun government. They can find anything on the internet that's there.

Be careful what you're looking for on google, because there are people looking for you, if you're trying to find items that "they" don't believe you need.
Very good point, thanks for your concern. I will keep that in mind as I browse the web.


__________________
Carry to Protect
Protect your right to Carry
Hlander is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
5.45x39 Hlander Ammunition & Reloading 3 02-14-2012 12:41 AM
AK74 in .220 5.45x39 7point62 AK & SKS Discussion 11 12-22-2010 10:41 AM
New AK-74 77rd 5.45x39 Drum $299.99 Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 0 10-27-2010 06:44 PM
.223 versus 5.45x39 DrGonzo11 Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 8 10-25-2009 03:56 PM
5.45x39 ChuckNorris AK & SKS Discussion 3 01-11-2008 04:02 AM