Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > .45 acp small primer vs large

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default .45 acp small primer vs large

I'm in the process of getting my reloading room set up. I've only done a tiny bit of loading and that was a decade ago. I'm working out of the Speer Reloading Manual number 13, and a couple other brands from the same time period.

What I'm wondering is what effect the small primers have had on the .45 acp loads? Have they changed or can I still use the data in my book?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here's an older thread on this. I believe the bottom line was to use the standard data with both primers.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/federal-champion-45-acp-will-now-have-small-primers-38522/

Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you Eric. I thought I remembered that thread but couldn't find it. Thanks for the link.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000