357 Sig

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 357 Sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default 357 Sig

Does anyone load the 357 Sig ? I've got one on order and it should be here soon.I'm an experienced avid reloader ,but have never reloaded for this caliber before. morayman.........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Sure do. Remember the cartridge was designed to headspace off the mouth, not the shoulder like a rifle round. It can headspace off the shoulder, but that was not the intent. I load a 125 gr RNFP .358 hard cast bullet sized to .356 and launched a little under 1300fps. No problems so far

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

I think there is still a lot of different opinions about where the 357 headspaces at from what I've read about it.I'll be loading 124 gr.JHP Montana Gold bullets,I haven't decided what powder to start with.I've got one of those "single caliber load books" coming because my books don't have a very wide variety of loads in them.I cast 124 gr. Lee TL also so I guess that could be a possibility.I'm trying to see what others like and have had success with.Although it doesn't seem like there are very many 357 Sig shooters here.morayman............