338 Lapua Magnum Brass

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 338 Lapua Magnum Brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Default 338 Lapua Magnum Brass

Recently started loading for my Savage Model 111 338 Lapua Magnum.
So thought it would not hurt to ask if there is anyone who shoots a 338 Lapua Magnum on the Forum that does not reload. And what they are doing with their once fires spent brass. I might be interested in some at a fair price. I am using Lapua and Hornady Brass at the present time.

Thanks

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #2

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

You'll be hard pressed to find folks with a 338 Lapua that don't reload. I got mine and just ordered 200 rounds of brass from Midway USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 07-31-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I certainly understand that! I also ordered my 40 Rounds of Hornady 338 Brass from Midway USA! And reloaded the 20 Lelier & Bellott once fired casings I had fired that I got with the Rifle. Did have to trim them but not surprising all the power the rifle has. I will be shooting Hornady 250 gr. Match Bullets first time out.
What rifle do you have? And what loads are you using?

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

keep a VERY close eye on case volume. two methods. fill with water weigh the water weigh the cases as they decrease in weight or increase in volume this is an indicator of case wall thickness decreasing.

if it gets too thin you will have case ruptures. case ruptures with very large cartridges is pretty nasty.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

JON,

Will do! Thank You!

*Patrick Henry

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5928 Times on 3352 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

I used to punish my self and do penance for my sins with big rifles too.

But the parish priest forgave me and now I shoot my nice little soft recoiling .30-06

Winston Churchill
MisterMcCool Likes This