308 like ive never seen before


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 308 like ive never seen before

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Leavingplatoscomphycave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Campbell
Posts: 119
Default 308 like ive never seen before

ok so i ordered 1000 rounds .308 wolf WIN and only 500 WOLF came and the other 500 came in battle packs and they say on them:

AB 22
200 PATRONE,
7,62 MMx51, DM111,
WEICHKERN
LOS DAG93MO416

the bullets themselves are like silver (im not sure if you can tell in the pics) and the primers are outlined with green and they seem to have 3 small crimps that keep the primer in. are these re-lode able? why are they silver? whats with the green outline on the primer?

[IMG]file:///Users/adriktibbs/Desktop/Photo%206.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///Users/adriktibbs/Desktop/Photo%207.jpg[/IMG]



__________________
Leavingplatoscomphycave is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VitSports6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taylorsville,Utard
Posts: 744
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
ok so i ordered 1000 rounds .308 wolf WIN and only 500 WOLF came and the other 500 came in battle packs and they say on them:

AB 22
200 PATRONE,
7,62 MMx51, DM111,
WEICHKERN
LOS DAG93MO416

the bullets themselves are like silver (im not sure if you can tell in the pics) and the primers are outlined with green and they seem to have 3 small crimps that keep the primer in. are these re-lode able? why are they silver? whats with the green outline on the primer?

[IMG]file:///Users/adriktibbs/Desktop/Photo%206.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///Users/adriktibbs/Desktop/Photo%207.jpg[/IMG]
The green outline might just be a seal.
Your pic's didnt work.
Thats all I have.
Im sure someone more knowledgeable will help you out.


__________________
Have fun
Brian
VitSports6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Highpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upper Mississippi Valley
Posts: 1,547
Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Without pics I'll take a guess that you have German 7,62 NATO rounds.
The "silver" bullets are most likely steel jacketed. (check them with a magnet)
Most likely Berdan primed, so not easily reloaded. And yes, the green lacquer like substance is a primer sealant to help prevent moisture from getting inside the cases.

__________________
Highpower is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,540
Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

German DAG is good stuff, but is magnetic and Berdan primed. Much better than Wolf. Actual NATO issued ammo.

__________________
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 190
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Is this what you have?

German DAG .308 FMJ NATO (7.62x51) 200rd Battle Pack

__________________
res45 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deth502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 137
Default

yup, its german, but ive heard that a lot of the german stuff is corrosive. not sure about the 308.

__________________
deth502 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,540
Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
yup, its german, but ive heard that a lot of the german stuff is corrosive. not sure about the 308.
The German 7.62x51 is non-corr, but the Czech IS corr.
__________________
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,332
Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Default

The bullets are Cupro-Nickle jacketed and not steel. They will be slightly attracted to a magnet. They will not harm your bore. DAG is good quality banging ammo, better than Wolf for sure.

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Leavingplatoscomphycave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Campbell
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by res45 View Post
yea thats it
__________________
Leavingplatoscomphycave is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 18,082
Liked 6022 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The bullets are Cupro-Nickle jacketed and not steel. They will be slightly attracted to a magnet. They will not harm your bore. DAG is good quality banging ammo, better than Wolf for sure.
just dont shoot em at james bond he will deflect them with his watch then your screwed...


__________________
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes