Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 26.5MM, 37MM, and 40MM reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I agree with Law, if you only got 3 firings from the commercial shells then something is wrong. I can get 30 yards out a of an empty film container with just a primer, again something wrong. With our Screw Apart 209 Primed Black Powder Shells it is no problem getting over 100 yards. 20 grains of BP or equivalent will reach 100 plus yards with a smoke round weighing in at about 3 1/2 ounces. 25 grains is getting 125 plus yards. You do not need finned projectiles to get that kind of range. Besides primers and black powder is way easier then reloading blanks for other types of rounds. For most 37mm loaders, 209 primers and black powder is the easies and most economical way to go hands down.

Mark

Old 01-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #22

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

thanks MLRDist for the shells,they all look great & i hope to load a few up tomorrow if this new years party dont get the best of me

the shells that i purchased years ago look like the (#3230 37/38mm riot cs smoke projectile) shell,it has a longer bevel,beefier lift charge section @ the bottom.i've got one out of the 8 i purchased from you.the rest will be fine im sure.

would it be possible if i was to place another order from you,could you pick the #3230 shells for me? i will pay a hand select fee if you have anymore?

& thanks again for the extra fused tube i'll have to order a few of them from ya.

happy newyears to you & family...same for everyone else,have fun-stay safe!

Old 01-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #23

You know I have been reading this thread and I don’t understand a few things. You boys need to explain yourselves.

1. m27law hoe do you think black powder is sooo safe. As an FFL Dealer there are specific rules and storage regulation that MUST be followed to sell and store. SUCH as a static free or GROUNDED vault so a SPARK yes a Spark won’t set it off.

2. When you shoot BP one of the components is sulfur and it leaves residue all over. When it comes in contact with H2O it makes sulfuric acid that eats away things. Not to mention clean up is a real pain in the ASS.

3. Mark I have been on a number of other form and WHY do you Constantly talk badly about Reloadable Shells products!! You tell people that they have bad products and don’t stand behind their work. That’s far from the face Scot and his crew have been very helpful in all the interactions I have had with him. Are you that INSCURE of your own shells that you have to bad mouth someone else. “a poor carpenter blames his tools”

Smokeless powder is the only to go it is stable. Furthermore, film canisters please step up and play with the BIG BOYS. This hobby is not cheap and going with film canisters is lame. There are projos out there are more aerodynamic. You don’t see the military shooting film canisters or bottles for that matter. So you to need to stop bashing people together because it makes you guys look like fools.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #24

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i know that B.P. is alot more unstable than smokeless...i have said that i like to use black powder because the pressure is lower then smokeless,''safe that way''.i save all my smokeless powder for real ammo. i dont think B.P.is any cleaner than smokeless-i dont mind the lil extra clean up of B.P. i store my 3lbs of B.P. in a 20mm ammo can,lid off of course.i do have a 03 C&R but i am not a dealer???????i dont plan on dancing around the house with a handfull of B.P. in my hands on top of shag carpet...no carpet in my house all hardwood & never had any B.P. get set off from thunder storms yet....& i dont plan on throwing any into the dryer. so far so good.

nah,i dont want to play with ''big boys''...butt if you want to..... i'm just a poor white boy with a 37mm launcher (not a firearm by the way) that dont mind killing a couple hours every other day popping off a few ''cheap rds.'' from my little boy launcher.i dont give a lady bug what you or anybody else spends on a projectile & or cases...you & others might have the income to spend on the 50dollars per shot shell-have fun!!!not meheck,even if i had the income to spend 50 or 100bucks on each shell,doubt i would,to each his own.but of course i'm lame so

as for the military shooting what ever,????of course they dont shoot film canisters out of there 40mm grenade launcherswhat the heck does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

i know i said the straight wall type shells suck,meaning (commercial type) using 35mm film cans. not the newer H.D. type shells that Reloadable Shells products,MLRDist,ect. carry & sale...i have not tried them using 35 film cans. & untill they come down about 15bucks less & i'm sure they want,i'll keep using my 3dollars commercial shells.

i guess my lame 35mm film canisters have magical kodak unicorn dust on them,because they are pretty darn accurate out 75-80yrds. i'm plenty happy with that.

i want to know where in the world did i ever bash on anybody or anyones products besides the (commercial types straight wall) in this thread?

Last edited by m72law; 01-01-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #25

Punisher, I only post on 2 or 3 other forums, not numbers of them.
I have never "constantly talked bad about" anyone, including
Scott and his company! I never said he makes bad products or
that he does not stand behind his products. I am guessing you
know more about my issues with Scott then you are letting on!
I do not and will not discuss our issues on a forum but they will
be dealt with accordingly when the time is right.

As far as stepping up, well many of launcher owners do not want
to or care to spend big $$$$ on launching. Our company tries to
provide a good reliable product at a reasonable price. If it is
affordable to the enthusiast, maybe they can enjoy it more. This
is a hobby and needs to be treated as such. Some people get
deeper into the hobby then others. So be it!

Nobody bashed anyone here until you entered into the discussion!

Enough said!

Mark

Old 01-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #26

I, like all the other shooters of 37 and 40 mm have used the shells from Brass Man Brass cleaned them out and reloaded them. (I have also pissed of my wife by washing the shell in her dish washer, but its the best way and easiest way to was out BP rounds.) I have gone through many of these shells. They are not designed to be reloaded time after time, but we do any way and they function fine. Once they were out we need to buy more and the cycle starts all over. Yes this way is CHEAPER I agree but in the long run I disagree. Our local Sheriff office has been using the same 10 shells for the past year on a weekly basis and they show no signs of wear! As far as cost each shell to reload well it cost about $3.50 a shot. As a bonus I can reuse the porjo to fire again. I use to think like you and once I found the smokeless cases I was sold.

Oh and by the way Mark I spoke to you on the phone around a year ago about buying some of you cases and it was YOU that turned me on to Scot Pace you went on and on about how he stole your idea and I sorry I don’t remember the exact words but his shells were junk. Personal I have never spoke to him but any of my emails sent never and I mean never talked bad about others products. He has also been very helpful and generous to the Sheriff’s office in our town. So I would like to talk to Scot to give ideas to improve on his cases. Have you change any of your cases since you started producing? Because, if you know of something out there better, I’m game to try it.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #27

Punisher, Your story changed from I "constantly talk bad" about on forums to you "spoke to me"??? Big difference there! I speak to many people on the phone everyday. If I talked with you, it is hard to know who you are from just a login name and no information on your profile page on a forum you joined a day or two ago.

I never said that "his shells were junk". In fact Scot used to run parts for me, how do you think he got into this business.

We are consistantly improving on all our current product lines and developing new products to bring to market. So to your question, yes we have changed our shells. Have we gone into the smokeless powder shells, why would we when someone else is? Another thing you need to remember is that launcher products are only a part of the products we make and are involved in.

Now the Black Powder / Smokelsss debate. Black powder is the cheapest and easiest by far although it can be the dirtiest. Seat your primer, load your lift charge (BP) add your projectile and seal the tube. You are ready to go. With Smokeless there is usually a "blank" that needs loaded and if you don't have reloading press to seat your primers you are out of luck unless you invest in one ($$$). To load the blank, seat the primer, load your smokelss powder and seal the blank. (At this point with black powder you would be just about done). I almost forgot, you must make sure the blank is properly sized to spec before you load it.(More $$$ for more tools). Then you load the blank into the shell put in the vent hole disk and screw on the vent hole piece. Am I correct so far? Then you would load your projectile and seal in the shell tube. Quite a few extra steps for this method. Many say it is too complicated and scares them away.

On cost, many in this hobby don't have or don't want to spend great deals of money. Since I been in it, about 20 years, the challange was to find everyday things to safely launch and to stay as cheap as possible. That is where film containers and energy drink bottles come into play. 37mm pingpong balls work great out of the commercial shells. Cardboard tubes work as well and can be had from numerous suppliers. The disk to seal can be bought or made. You can even get molds to pour your own projectiles. If some one wants to buy premade projectiles, good for them.

Who is to say what is better for each individual. Each individual has to choose for themselves. I have customers on both sides of that fence! If I can help any of them have fun in thier hobby I will do so!

On the generousity side, We do offer discounts for Law Enforcement, FFL holders and Firearms businesses. We offer quantity discounts and let customers combined like products to reach the discount prices. We run monthy and holiday specials as well as include "EXTRAS" in just about every box we ship.

Mark

Last edited by MLRDist; 01-02-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #28

Guys, guys, guys, lets keep this thread friendly! Thank you Punisher159 and everyone else for your support and information offered.

ewsniper- Sorry for the delay but if you decide to read this thread here's the answer to your questions. The 9MM casing should sit flush in the base of the casing, keep in mind they need to be pressed in. As for lube, should not be using on the casings.

M72LAW- That is wonderful that you have been able to reload the commercial casings 100+ times, truly amazing. However, I myself have not had such amazing results with those... As for projectiles, I stand behind my finned projectiles (and standard) and guarantee they offer the best results you can possibly get. The fins stop tumbling which you may encounter with the 35mm canisters and similar devices. The spin produced by the fins has a effect similar to that of rifling in a barrel, allowing for much further distance and better accuracy. If you don't want to spend money on them and use your free film cans I totally understand where your coming from. As for this black powder discussion, even though I offer black powder casings, smokeless powder is supreme and I suggest you give it a try. Like they say: Once you go smokeless you don't go black. It provides a better cleaner burn, less mess, less smoke, and it really is safer to work with and its not hard at all to load smokeless. If you would like I can offer you some of my products at a very discounted rate to show you the difference and prove my products stand up to what I claim. PM me for details.

MLRDist and Everyone- Yes, we use to work together. You helped me (got me into 37MM, exchange of ideas, etc), I helped you (concept of the screw apart casing, part production, etc). It is a shame we never ended up working together as I feel MLR and Reloadable Shells would have made a great pair. With all your products and my patented designs and production line we would have been dominating the market and offering much more to customers. However, there is no animosity here and I respect you and your decisions. I am simply here to offer the high quality products I have designed, engineered and produced for the market to enjoy, with more to come. I stand behind everything I offer and I'm proud to say my casings are truly some of the best in the market. Yes, this is a hobby as well as a real world defense/life saving subject. I understand everyone has their own budget and our company provides revolutionary launcher products at low prices with consideration to the time and materials involved. Everything I offer is manufactured in house, thus, I can provide the most fair price because there is no out sourcing to any machine shop, etc. As for specials, we are currently offering FREE priority shipping on all orders over $50 and orders over $150 receive the FREE shipping PLUS 10% OFF. Furthermore, generous price breaks will be offered for bulk purchases.