Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > 26.5MM, 37MM, and 40MM reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 26.5MM, 37MM, and 40MM reloading

If anyone needs help loading 26.MM, 37MMM, 40MM. let me know I may have some resources you could find helpfull. I run a launcher casing company.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #2

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i reload most my 37mm loads....

is this ''big mikes''? looks like his site

do you have any 37mm shells that take 209 primers?

cause the old 35mm film canisters work great in the CS GAS or BATON shells using B.P.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReloadableShellsDOTcom View Post
If anyone needs help loading 26.MM, 37MMM, 40MM. let me know I may have some resources you could find helpfull. I run a launcher casing company.

I am very interested in reloading 26.5mm shells. any info would be great

Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i reload most my 37mm loads....

is this ''big mikes''? looks like his site

do you have any 37mm shells that take 209 primers?

cause the old 35mm film canisters work great in the CS GAS or BATON shells using B.P.
Sorry for not responding sooner. No, were not "big mikes". We have designed a BP Casings with a stainless cup that uses a large 2 1/2 pistol primer. It has a screw apart base and the stainless powder cup is removable.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knall View Post
I am very interested in reloading 26.5mm shells. any info would be great
Excellent! Do you have any specific questions? There is many different ways to load 26.5MM casings depending on the style being used. For example, our 26.5MM smokeless casings utilize a 9MM blank vs our old style casings that used a primer and powder chamber. Feel free to check out our website reloadableshells.com in a day or so. I will be posting our load data directly on the site under the specific items.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReloadableShellsDOTcom View Post
Excellent! Do you have any specific questions? There is many different ways to load 26.5MM casings depending on the style being used. For example, our 26.5MM smokeless casings utilize a 9MM blank vs our old style casings that used a primer and powder chamber. Feel free to check out our website reloadableshells.com in a day or so. I will be posting our load data directly on the site under the specific items.
Oh I didnt realise you were a retailer..... I was looking for info on reloading the original 26.5 shells. I have a pile of em.

I need to know what size primer to use, how to get it in there... what kind of powder to use, how much is safe , ect ect.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by knall View Post
Oh I didnt realise you were a retailer..... I was looking for info on reloading the original 26.5 shells. I have a pile of em.

I need to know what size primer to use, how to get it in there... what kind of powder to use, how much is safe , ect ect.
The old ones typically use a 209 shot gun primer. You would punch out the old one and put in your new primer. This can get very dangerous and since your new to this I suggest you gather lots of information before proceeding. I suggest you contact Chris Reed with ASA, heres his email: chris@americanspecialtyammo.com He is more involved with reloading those casings and would be more able to provide you with ample information.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #8

Default 26.5 and 37mm Reloading

Knall, the 26.5mm has an odd size primer as I think you already know that. They are not readily available. I carry 26.5mm Black Powder 209 Primer Screw Apart Shells.

M72Law. I have a few different types of 37mm 209 primed shells. I carry the once fired commercial aluminum shells (ALS and DEFTEC). I also have my own line of 37mm Black Powder 209 Primer Screw Apart Shells.

Check out my website at MLRDistributing.com

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to let me know!

Mark

Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #9

Knall,
Smokeless is the way to go, you have a lot less corrosion and cleaning is a breeze.

As for MLRDist,
Please don't trash my thread with trying to sell your product. I also produce multiple screw apart smokeless casings for 26.5, 37, and 40MM. I also make CNC machined projectiles and cups some are finned. I am a actual retailer and machine shop with multi-axis CNC machines. Thus, being able to provide the customer a very high quality product at a lower cost.

You can check out MY site: www.reloadableshells.com

Old 07-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #10

Not trashing any thread just giving correct 26.5mm information and more 37mm options!

The old 26.5mm shells did not use a 209 primer! They used an odd ball primer that is not readily available.

Another member was asking for 37mm that use 209 primers and I gave him 2 options.

Mark