Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > .25 acp???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 678 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default .25 acp???

I just got a set of .25 acp dies for my little Beretta. Thinking that .25 isnt a very popular caliber. Well at the LGS I was right, about the only caliber of projectile on the shelf was .25... But they were all rifle bullets ranging from 75 grs. to around 150 grs, when I asked about pistol projectiles or brass, I was told nobody really reloads .25 acp, and its cheaper to just buy it...

WTF??!? Even Winchester white box .25 acp is $30 bucks a box per 50!! What do they mean "Its cheaper" to buy it??? Nobody would pay those prices for a .22, and thats basically all the .25 is....

Does anybody know where to get .25 acp stuff? What about a mold for the projectiles? Its mostly for just target shooting, but I do carry it once in a while.. (Hey, dont make fun of me.. Its gotta be better than mace.. I know I dont wanna get hit by one. )

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #2

Liked 696 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Lead bullets may not feed in your gun. Using jacketed bullets it looks about $10 per box plus brass to reload. Finding your brass after you shoot could be a problem(they are tiny). I have to admit I would likely buy factory loads.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

its considered cheaper to buy as its not a round anyone really shoots a LOT of rounds with. the guns chambered for it arent designed for high round counts as most are poorly made to begin with.

thats why its considered not a reloader cartridge. its not because the cost is cheaper per cartridge but that there is no point to buying all the dies and shell holders etc to do it when its typically shot less than 50 rounds a year.

its also a round that is pretty subpar and one of the few centerfire cartridges that your better off using a 22lr in its place.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #4

Liked 678 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 678

I just traded some .223 brass for the dies.... I guess Im a cheap ass... I cant bring myself to pay that much for bullets, the whole reason I started to reload because I didnt want to pay for Arisaka rounds.

Ive shot mine more than that in the last few months Ive had it.... A poorly made gun?? It was my mom's EDC and its at least 20 yrs. old, its what she would take here CCW classes with.. Im sure there been thousands of rds though it....

Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 397 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Lee sells the dies for this caliber and Midway has a bullet mold. I've never had a problem with lead bullets functioning well in any of my auto. I've never reloaded for a 25, but I'm sure they will do fine. good luck

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1665 Times on 907 Posts
Likes Given: 532

You could load #3 buckshot for a light load.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.