Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   .223 Rcbs die died? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/223-rcbs-die-died-91271/)

1411 05-26-2013 01:33 AM

.223 Rcbs die died?

1 Attachment(s)
Is this common?

Never had this problem with other die makes.

Attachment 102774

cottontop 05-26-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1411 (Post 1258187)
Is this common?

Never had this problem with other die makes.

Attachment 102774

I have never had anything bad happen w/ RCBS dies. I think they are about the best out there. Looks like it was cross threaded or tightened too tight. That could happen to any die, regardless of make. Call or email RCBS. They will probably send you a new part for free. They are very customer friendly.
ct

Txhillbilly 05-26-2013 02:31 AM

Looks like operator failure.

Like CT said,call RCBS and they should make good on it free of charge.
I've never been a big fan of their full length sizing dies or their seating dies,but they make good stuff.

Vikingdad 05-26-2013 02:55 AM

Not common that I know of, but RCBS should replace the part in any case. Great customer service.

1411 05-26-2013 04:17 AM

Thanks CT I sent them an email.

farmallcrew 06-04-2013 10:13 AM

You should get one FREE in the mail. I bent a 30-06 assembly rod on my Redding die on a berdan case. Emailed Redding, they responded back, "we want you reloading ASAP, whats your address" so i gave it to them, in a few days, large envelope from Redding. RCBS is just the same way.

Vikingdad 06-04-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmallcrew (Post 1267207)
You should get one FREE in the mail. I bent a 30-06 assembly rod on my Redding die on a berdan case. Emailed Redding, they responded back, "we want you reloading ASAP, whats your address" so i gave it to them, in a few days, large envelope from Redding. RCBS is just the same way.

So is Dillon. Except for when I called about my bullet puller. They want me to send it in before they will send me a new one. Its still sitting on my bench- right next to the RCBS and Lyman pullers that have aluminum beams instead of the cheap plastic crap that Dillon uses for theirs. I wonder if they will send me a calendar instead of replacing the crappy bullet puller?:D

JonM 06-04-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 1267308)
So is Dillon. Except for when I called about my bullet puller. They want me to send it in before they will send me a new one. Its still sitting on my bench- right next to the RCBS and Lyman pullers that have aluminum beams instead of the cheap plastic crap that Dillon uses for theirs. I wonder if they will send me a calendar instead of replacing the crappy bullet puller?:D

They will likely send you a new one. If someone outside dillon is making them they likely want it to examine for manufacturer proccess defects

1411 06-04-2013 05:11 PM

Received the replacement parts yesterday. Excellent transaction. FREE is my favorite

Vikingdad 06-05-2013 06:02 AM

Just tonight my son was trying to clean up an old Lyman Spartan press and broke the ram. I don't think they make parts for it anymore so I will probably braze it back together and fix it myself. We were going to use it for the collet bullet puller. We are trying to set up a bunch of single-stage presses for the common prep stuff like pulling bullets, swaging primer pockets (has anybody tried all of the different primer pocket swagers and figured out the best one on the market? Which one is it???) bulge busting Glocked cases. That sort of stuff.