Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > .222 Rem C.O.A.L

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .222 Rem C.O.A.L

Hi. I'm reloading .222Rem with 50gr Speer TNT's for my Ruger 77Mk11. Trimming cases to 1.695 and my C.O.A.L to just off the lands seems to be 2.215. The guides all say max is 2.130. Should I be worried about being 0.085 over max?
Using 21.5 grains RL-7 which is again a little over max suggested but I have no sign of excess pressure. This mix is giving me 3160fps but the manuals suggest I ought to be getting about 100fps more than this. Am I missing something? It does shoot .3MOA groups.
Just switching from CCI standard small rifle to benchrest BR-4's.
Thoughts from you guys very appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #2

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Sound like you are doing the right things.

As long as you have no problems with the length in you magazine, unless you are single feeding, I like it. Keep it up.
I don't know you load but if you are not suffering from any pressure problems, continue with the quest. As with any other component change, back down a bit and work to your best load.

Enjoy,

OSOK

Old 07-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5077 Times on 2888 Posts
Likes Given: 4243

If you're just off of the lands, you're perfect.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.