.22 yellow jackets for self-defense. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > .22 yellow jackets for self-defense.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1
if i were goin to trust my life to a .22 it dang sure better have a RELIABLE ammo. CCI mini mags, stingers, and the like are known for the best quality and fewest duds. i would choose one of those. and also do some test to see how far it penetrates different things as well.
Well believe it or not but I tried stingers and they were the first ones to jam on me? I never have had a jam issue with yellow jackets

Old 02-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

With questions like this it is no wonder you have a hard time getting the answers you want.
It is no different than cutting a buckshot to make a makeshift slug, get off my thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefourfiveX39 View Post
It is no different than cutting a buckshot to make a makeshift slug, get off my thread
cutting bullets can cause feed problems. now you seem committed to carrying a 22 for CC, so in reality you are aleady at somewhat of a disadvantage. so my suggestion and what others have sugested is what works well and feeds properly. yes a 22 can and will kill someone as long as proper shot placement is used, but how are you going to get proper shot placement if the gun jams at a crucial moment?

one of two things shuts down a BG in a gun fight, either rapid blood loss from huge holes or shutting down the central nervous system. anything else, and you have a BG that can still do harm to you.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

cutting bullets can cause feed problems. now you seem committed to carrying a 22 for CC, so in reality you are aleady at somewhat of a disadvantage. so my suggestion and what others have sugested is what works well and feeds properly. yes a 22 can and will kill someone as long as proper shot placement is used, but how are you going to get proper shot placement if the gun jams at a crucial moment?

one of two things shuts down a BG in a gun fight, either rapid blood loss from huge holes or shutting down the central nervous system. anything else, and you have a BG that can still do harm to you.
No I'm not committed only to carry this when I wear shorts or jeans going to the store or getting groceries but anywhere else I wear my duty clothes and carry my glock17c with HST 146+p so I'm not committed just to the extent when I'm in my "RELAX" mode.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
No I'm not committed only to carry this when I wear shorts or jeans going to the store or getting groceries but anywhere else I wear my duty clothes and carry my glock17c with HST 146+p so I'm not committed just to the extent when I'm in my "RELAX" mode.
i see what you're saying. reliability is more important a factor that anything else. a gun jamming up at a crucial moment is a good way to end up dead.

one suggestion and one i agree with is to try out different types of ammo and see how they perform on different materials and use the one that feeds well each and every time the trigger is pulled. secondly pick the most accurate, as i said proper shot placement is going to be crucial is using that small a round.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i see what you're saying. reliability is more important a factor that anything else. a gun jamming up at a crucial moment is a good way to end up dead.

one suggestion and one i agree with is to try out different types of ammo and see how they perform on different materials and use the one that feeds well each and every time the trigger is pulled. secondly pick the most accurate, as i said proper shot placement is going to be crucial is using that small a round.
CNS is everything in shot placement even if a .22 does not kill it will certainly stop them for a while enough for me to get my PDW AK out of the trunk. I use disintegrating rounds for it I believe its compressed tungsten powder core, anyway my SR-22 has never jammed in any round I shot through it even cheap ass golden bullets and armscor ammo? It has been a very reliable weapon and when using yellow jackets it definitely does not jam. The biggest problem for people I see is when they hold there pistol wrong, if you hold your pistol with a thumbs out grip all of the recoil is concentrated on the slide instead of the it coming back into your hands and causing the recoil to make the pistol arch back and causing a FTF or FTE.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #27
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:

You're an a$$hat.

I don't need No stinking signature.

locutus Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

you're an a$$hat.
ok fobbit!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #29

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
CNS is everything in shot placement
Quote:
even if a .22 does not kill it will certainly stop them for a while enough for me to get my PDW AK out of the trunk.
I use disintegrating rounds for it I believe its compressed tungsten powder core, anyway my SR-22 has never jammed in any round I shot through it even cheap ass golden bullets and armscor ammo? It has been a very reliable weapon and when using yellow jackets it definitely does not jam. The biggest problem for people I see is when they hold there pistol wrong, if you hold your pistol with a thumbs out grip all of the recoil is concentrated on the slide instead of the it coming back into your hands and causing the recoil to make the pistol arch back and causing a FTF or FTE.
Do NOT count on that

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #30

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1254

I had no choice but to carry a 22 when I first got started. And even worse...It was a Jennings! But you carry the gun you have not the one you are saving up for. I tested a bunch of different ammo. I used to soak phone books in water overnight to do ballistics tests. For me the Velocitor was the most reliable round. The gun would usually cycle them ok. And they penetrated pretty good. They acted more like a solid in my short barrel. They did the job. And it was better than not carrying. But I was glad when I had the money for something bigger.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.